Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V6 ELITE R REGD GOTTA GO!  (Read 981 times)

simon p from donny

• doncaster,s yorkshire
  • elite v6,directors car on my cortina wages.top buy
    • View Profile
V6 ELITE R REGD GOTTA GO!
« on: 06 September 2006, 07:13:52 »

hello guys,I appreciate this will be moved.
In june I bought a 2.5v6 elite mini facelift in champagne/gold with tax until end oct06 and mot'd whilst end april 2007.
I brought it home 100 miles and it ran perfectly(maybe a little warm) then cooled as the traffic emptied.
the interior needed a clean -i spent a weekend on it,the exterior is in good nick -just a couple of spots one on the rear drivers door about a 5p piece and a bit under the window.The arches are fine and sills etc,the tyres are in good fettle and the alloy wheels.
It has xenon (early type)headlights and the usual elite equipment(no sat nav) bose speakers ,phillips cd etc.
I have run it around since and it runs fine BUT has the usual oil leak at the back of engine down the manifold which smells worse than it actually is.
I have recently had them done (as i type actually) but my uncle who is the qualified mechanic doesnt seem to think it was them causing the leak.
he mentioned a cryptic message to my wife and said it may be head gasket.I very much doubt this as it doesnt use any water,no power loss and no water in oil or oil in water and no steam from exhaust !it is probably misdiagnosis as usual.

Any way I have recently sold my house and purchasing another so I dont want to spend the time on doing both car and house so it has to be the car that is sacrificed.it is in good nick (dont know how to put pics on) and theres mot whilst april and tax while end of oct.the aircon will want regassing i think.is anyone interested -it cost me £1150 in june,i would accept £500 if it needs sorting or not.
Her indoors thinks that would be useful for a carpet or a table and chairs.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS IAM NOT SURE WHAT IS CAUSING THE OIL LEAK AND I HAVENT GOT THE TIME AND THE EXPERTISE TO SORT IT -£500 TO A GOOD HOME.JUNCTION 33 M1.GOT THE V5 AND EVERYTHING!!PM ME OR TEL SIMON 07739 479415
elite v6,more toys than woolworths,comfier seats than my front room.just need a tv in the car then i could live there -cr tax cheaper than bloody council tax.

simon p from donny

• doncaster,s yorkshire
  • elite v6,directors car on my cortina wages.top buy
    • View Profile
Re: V6 ELITE R REGD GOTTA GO!
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2006, 08:57:30 »

oh by the way its 130,000 miles not sure when the cambelt etc was last done,oil looks fine and recent.
genuinely its a great drive-her indoors doesnt want me to spend on it as I have a company mondeo and she thinks its pointless,even though its a ford.
she thinks £40 a month for insurance is barmy when iam covered by my company for free!

she doesnt understand so iam selling the omega and divorcing her !!!
elite v6,more toys than woolworths,comfier seats than my front room.just need a tv in the car then i could live there -cr tax cheaper than bloody council tax.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: V6 ELITE R REGD GOTTA GO!
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2006, 10:49:46 »

Pretty interested as doing up as a project car (for myself). Depending on the looks. Please send me some detailed clear pics of the interior, exterior and engine to removed by admin

No promises, but the price is about right, I'lll take a look....
« Last Edit: 27 September 2010, 13:08:50 by TheBoy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.