Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Fuel Filter (v. basic)  (Read 2806 times)

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Fuel Filter (v. basic)
« Reply #15 on: 27 September 2006, 12:36:43 »

....but couldn't find them at the time (found 15 minutes after getting wheel back on! [smiley=rolleyes.gif])
Ain't that always the way.  ;D
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 September 2006, 14:05:15 »

Did mine in about ten mins with two small flat bladed screwdrivers pushing the clips back.

Make sure you look the other way and keep eyes tightly closed when pulling off the pipes, especially if there's pressure in the fuel system.

I'm talking from experience,  the first time I changed this filter I had both eyes full of petrol, it hurt.

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 September 2006, 14:12:36 »

Did mine in about ten mins with two small flat bladed screwdrivers pushing the clips back.

Make sure you look the other way and keep eyes tightly closed when pulling off the pipes, especially if there's pressure in the fuel system.

I'm talking from experience,  the first time I changed this filter I had both eyes full of petrol, it hurt.
And that's why it's always a good idea to pop the bonnet and de-pressurise the fuel system before carrying out any work on it.  ;)
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Tezray

• Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 September 2006, 14:26:33 »

Easy way to de-pressurise the fuel system - Take out the fuel pump fuse and run the engine until it cuts out (about 2-3 seconds).

I've never understood all the fuss about changing the fuel filter, it took me all of 5 minutes with a pair of flat ended screw drivers (and the wheel still in place! lol). It's only 2 clips people, not rocket science!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.