Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rear electric window nightmare  (Read 771 times)

morris

• View Profile
rear electric window nightmare
« on: 28 September 2006, 09:48:57 »

>:(
Have a 1994 2.0 16v Omega saloon lovely car all round, decided to upgrade rear doors to electric windows same as front.
Installed rear door motors and switches ok and connected wiring loom to door post multi plug no problem.
Replaced front switches with double switches on centre consol 2 large connectors and 1 small connector, as soon as I connected switches up leds on switches lit up, tried front windows ok tried back windows no joy, checked in fuse panel and found no fuse in position 7 as stated in book.
I manged to get a connector for the fuse panel from another panel I had and fused position 7 and teed into fuse 1 wiring on rear of fuse panel  re-tried back windows still no luck, removed fuses 1 (front winow fuse) and fuse 7 (rear window fuse) and front windows still operate, power was coming from somewhere else and I found it coming from fuse 15 which has alarm, cig lighter and quite a few other things on a 15 amp fuse where as the windows are on 30 amp fuses.
I have spent a lot of time on this already and really really really need some advice on what can I do to get the rear windows working.

Many Thanks in advance

Steve  

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: rear electric window nightmare
« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2006, 09:56:02 »

I guess the first questions I would ask is ....

Was the connector in the B pillar into which the new door loom was connected have a fully populated set of contacts (to determin if the body loom was rear window ready).

Have you tried using the switches on the rear doors and are the switches on the rear doors lit (to rule out the possability of a faulty switch set on the centre console with respect to the rear window isolator switch).

What year of car was the donor rear window setup obtained from (I dont recall any wiring changes but its worth checking)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.