Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.0 engine removal  (Read 967 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
2.0 engine removal
« on: 28 September 2006, 19:16:57 »

Those of you who have seen my post in general chat about my new project will know why I'm asking this question!

What's the best way to remove a 2.0 engine. Is it possible to do this whilst leaving the auto box completely mounted?

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Re: 2.0 engine removal
« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2006, 22:13:53 »

personally - i always be lifting a box with the engine. On the subject of technically is it possible, not sure,,,,
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Martin_1962

« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2006, 23:03:11 »

I have done both (NOT ON OMEGAS) and to be honest both are a pain.

Box in - all those bolt to do undo and do up (Avenger Estate 1300 to 1600) but easier to manouver

Box out - harder to manouver but easier to manage the engine box join (In this case the boxes were different, as was the radiator, this was on my Sunbeam), risk of getting gearbox oil on you.

Now I would think long and hard on this. You could drain and change the box oil, clean the selector switch ect, also the join is easier. BUT auto boxes weigh a ton.

Depends on help as well!

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2006, 11:54:06 »

Having read your post in general chat i would be tempted to remove the top end first and then remove the gearbox leaving the bottom end in place then remove whats left, sounds long winded but this way you shouldn't need a crane for the job.

Do this on both cars as from my understanding the project car has a knackered bottom end and a good head which your moving over with the good bottom end from you current 2.0, either way both engines will be stripped somewhere along the way.

Just my tuppence worth

HTH :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.