Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel bulbs  (Read 3603 times)

Boiler Man

• Intermediate Member
  • Sale, Manchester
    • View Profile
Panel bulbs
« on: 31 July 2006, 21:07:54 »

Hi guys

Can anyone help me on the bulb details for the instrument panel and roughly how many, some of mine have either given up or going dim.

The car is a pre facelift s reg. I've looked on the chart at Hal's but it's not clear seems to suggest 2 or 3 differant types.

Don't really want to pull out the dash then find I can't get them straight away.

Any help appreciated
« Last Edit: 31 July 2006, 21:08:22 by Boiler_Man »
Omega 2.0 DTI GLS Estate 99 Gold & Omega 2.2 DTI CDX Estate 03 Silver. Just need a Bronze one now for the full set.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Panel bulbs
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2006, 21:12:20 »

When you say dash do you mean the instrument panel?

If so they are 2W (or 2.2W) 10mm wedge base part and you need 3 of them and best getting them from the dealer as they are better quality and cheaper!

Boiler Man

• Intermediate Member
  • Sale, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2006, 21:22:46 »

yes m8 instrument panel, thanks.

Are they all the same or two types for the same panel, I had a ford once used two diff' types.

Also my time/ temp / radio display is going dim on one side, are they the same?

Also losing a few pixels, but think that's a differant prob'.

Thanks Again.

noted dealer advice cheers.
« Last Edit: 31 July 2006, 21:23:35 by Boiler_Man »
Omega 2.0 DTI GLS Estate 99 Gold & Omega 2.2 DTI CDX Estate 03 Silver. Just need a Bronze one now for the full set.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2006, 21:29:34 »

Three off for instrument illumination, all the same as per above description.

The MID ones are different and are not cheap either (cost a couple of quid each!), they are built into a small plastic holder.

Boiler Man

• Intermediate Member
  • Sale, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2006, 21:40:38 »

Thanks, I will pop down the dealer this week.

Just a quick add on, if you don't mind.

while I have it stripped down, the display I mean. Is there a connection that could be loose causing the pixel drop out? It's a very basic unit and the pixels work sometimes and not others.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2006, 10:13:12 »

Not easy to fix, its a strip down and de-solder a few joints job to get at the fault (which will eb the flexi circuit baord)

Kev

• Omega Knight
  • Glasgow
  • .:The OmegaProject:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2006, 10:57:40 »

Thanks, I will pop down the dealer this week.

Just a quick add on, if you don't mind.

while I have it stripped down, the display I mean. Is there a connection that could be loose causing the pixel drop out? It's a very basic unit and the pixels work sometimes and not others.

You should be able to pick up one on eBay cheap as chips.
OmegaProject.co.uk .:.  Fuelled with passion...
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/xthreezero/omegaproject/oof-sig.jpg[/IMG]

Boiler Man

• Intermediate Member
  • Sale, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 August 2006, 19:03:59 »

Thanks Guy's

I'll have a look on fleebay. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Robin Hood

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2006, 07:56:59 »

Are these the right bulbs for the climate control (5) and headlight swith etc?...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8061123231&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Look like the ones I removed.

Sir Sideways

• Intermediate Member
  • Sideways in Staffordshire
    • PFL 3.0 Auto Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2006, 07:58:47 »

Iirc the 509s fit in to the tid (2 i think for tid and 4 mid) and its 3 of 501's for the instrument panel.

As for the headlight switch im pretty sure its a solder in jobbie and suspect it could be the same for the climate controll too.

I could put u in touch with a mate of mine who does led conversions, he knows quite a lot about replacing the bulbs and has a load of experience of replacing them too.

hth

Jim
« Last Edit: 05 August 2006, 08:04:07 by Sir_Sideways »

Sir Sideways

• Intermediate Member
  • Sideways in Staffordshire
    • PFL 3.0 Auto Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2006, 08:06:30 »

You could also try this place for bulbs

www.ultraleds.co.uk

there is a kit for the vectra, which i think is the same kit for the omega if urs has the same dash as a vectra b ??????

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 August 2006, 16:54:18 »

Thats correct for the climate panel, 5 off twist in bulbs.

Beware of LED's in the climate panel, two of the bulbs emit light into light pipes which transmit the light to the push button's, this requires light to be emitted from the side of the bulb, something which LEDS don't do very well.

1908pools

• Hartlepool
  • Poolies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 November 2006, 19:57:58 »

Beware of LED's in the climate panel, two of the bulbs emit light into light pipes which transmit the light to the push button's, this requires light to be emitted from the side of the bulb, something which LEDS don't do very well.

Ah Hah, oh sorry, gone all Alan Partridge there, I have just replaced my centre console as the heater controls were not working, now I have heater controls and am as warm as toast.
However on the climate control push buttons there are no lights?
I have the Temp Lights on, fan speed and the small orage light on the directional button but not the background push button lights.

When you say two of the bulbs emit light into light tubes, do you know which two bulbs ie is it the outside two and if so do you know the number of the bulbs?

Thanks a lot, all of the advice on this site made the removal of the centre console a lot easier, it's a bit fiddly but now I have done it once these second time will be a lot faster.

By the way how hard is it to get your hand in to pull down on the release bar, the back of my hand is bruised to hell >:(

Cheers Pools

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 27 November 2006, 20:27:20 »

Ah Hah, oh sorry, gone all Alan Partridge there, I have just replaced my centre console as the heater controls were not working, now I have heater controls and am as warm as toast.
However on the climate control push buttons there are no lights?
I have the Temp Lights on, fan speed and the small orage light on the directional button but not the background push button lights.

When you say two of the bulbs emit light into light tubes, do you know which two bulbs ie is it the outside two and if so do you know the number of the bulbs?

Thanks a lot, all of the advice on this site made the removal of the centre console a lot easier, it's a bit fiddly but now I have done it once these second time will be a lot faster.

By the way how hard is it to get your hand in to pull down on the release bar, the back of my hand is bruised to hell >:(

Cheers Pools
If yours is climate, ie with the digital temp displays and digital fan speed display, change all 5 bulbs. They do blow all the time. Thread in Maintenece Guides for how to strip down...
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.