Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 3.2, Feb 2002, draining battery.  (Read 1711 times)

malcy_p

• Suffolk
  • 2.6 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
Omega 3.2, Feb 2002, draining battery.
« on: 07 December 2006, 12:45:15 »

Hi guys,

OK - first of all the car. It's an ex-police 3.2 manual, Feb 02 on a 51 plate.

Symptoms. First noticed that the car, if left for a few days, would drain it's battery. A few minutes with an Ammeter shows that it's the circuit supplied by fuse F7 that's taking the current.

F7 removed - drain on battery 86mA (with doors closed, everything off)
F7 installed - drain on battery 1700mA (again, with doors closed, everything off)

That fuse seems to supply the interior and kerb lights. I've also found that the interior light does not come on (ever!) but with the fuse installed, the two map reading lights work. Also, when the fuse is installed, a relay operates - this relay is mounted behind the fuse panel. What does this do?? Haynes is useless - nothing in their wiring diagrams matches my car...!

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the car (or even just that circuit)????

Thanks guys

/malc.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 3.2, Feb 2002, draining battery.
« Reply #1 on: 07 December 2006, 17:03:56 »

Just a thought, on my Vectra saloon the boot light was staying on and flattening the battery (hard to spot on a saloon!), the actual cause was because the cables for the boot switch run along the hinge of the boot lid and had frayed and grounded.

Might be worth a check on the cables and the switch etc.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2006, 17:08:55 »

I'm sure I read somewhere that some police spec omegas have the internal light wired to a switch in the dash so you can stop it coming on when opening the doors and also they can switch it on whilst sitting in it with the doors closed.

Perhaps they have removed this switch.

Maybe with the switch removed there is a constant feed running to where the switch is or was causing the drain.

Any chance you could post up a piccy of your dash so can see whats missing or added.

HTH ;)
« Last Edit: 07 December 2006, 17:10:23 by nixoro »

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2006, 21:34:53 »

I'm sure I read somewhere that some police spec omegas have the internal light wired to a switch in the dash so you can stop it coming on when opening the doors and also they can switch it on whilst sitting in it with the doors closed.

Maybe with the switch removed there is a constant feed running to where the switch is or was causing the drain.

Any chance you could post up a piccy of your dash so can see whats missing or added.

HTH ;)

Well my interior light doesn't come on when you open doors u have to press the switch facelift ex-police aswell :)
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Gwilym

• Bridgwater, Somerset, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 December 2006, 23:19:23 »

HTH ;)

Yes. That is about right. Mine comes on with the key fob unlocking but not the door opening

White '00 3.0 MV6 Estate (Ex Met Police Firearms Car)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 19 queries.