Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aftermarket Alarm  (Read 1658 times)

Peetyz

• Dayton,Ohio  United States
    • View Profile
Aftermarket Alarm
« on: 20 December 2006, 00:30:17 »

Does anyone have an after market alarm on their catera (omgea mv6)? I do and i cant seem to figure out why it sets itself off after ten mins after the door is closed i thought i was connected to the wrong power wire so i ran a new one directly to the battery and it still does it! the alarm will sound and rearm and wont go off again or i can wait 10 mins to arm and it wont go off how do i get around this problem ? anyone else havin problems? Im pretty sure it has to do with the small lights on the door staying on till after 10 minutes after the door is closed

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Aftermarket Alarm
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2006, 18:09:53 »

Not sure any of the UK cars would have a seperate alarm, as our Omegas all came with a decent one factory fit.

To test your theory, you could always remove bulb to see if it is related to drain of light...
Grumpy old man

Peetyz

• Dayton,Ohio  United States
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2006, 23:22:09 »

well from what i understand the wire goes to the bulb and the lock/unlock switch as well

Boiler Man

• Intermediate Member
  • Sale, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2006, 02:39:41 »

Not sure any of the UK cars would have a seperate alarm, as our Omegas all came with a decent one factory fit.

I have had my S reg GLS estate for 5 years now. Are you saying I have an alarm? I know I have dead locks but an Alarm? :-/

Have I gone all this time without knowing?
« Last Edit: 21 December 2006, 02:41:35 by Boiler_Man »
Omega 2.0 DTI GLS Estate 99 Gold & Omega 2.2 DTI CDX Estate 03 Silver. Just need a Bronze one now for the full set.

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2006, 14:37:23 »

I have had my S reg GLS estate for 5 years now. Are you saying I have an alarm? I know I have dead locks but an Alarm? :-/

I think you might be safe there Boiler Man, my GLS has an aftermarket alarm not a factory one, it is fitted under the scuttle next to the pollen filter, also the alarm stickers on the side windows were a bit of a give away. Unfortunately it doesn't work so i can't help with the original question :(

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 December 2006, 14:39:33 »

Attempt to set it off, easy was is unlock bonnet, but dont open it, then lock the car, then lift the bonnet
If youve an alarm, that should trigger it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.