Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon Prime prog download Q  (Read 1987 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Prime prog download Q
« Reply #15 on: 15 October 2018, 14:22:01 »

How about a smart TV and DDR :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 October 2018, 15:40:58 »

Android TV Box or some simple Roku's Boxes streamed at 720p/1080p using Android App should do it.

The Free 'All Connect' is a good little Android App Streamer  ;)

Streamng is no good for me as internet is limited during day hence why I download during unlimited night period and watch later.. it is the download ability and then crucially being able to transmit to a tv.

Last night I downloaded an all4 program to ipad. Plays fine on ipad but only sound on TV this morning. Most frustrating.
Doesnt the Firestick and or Fire Tablet let you download certain Films or Shows from Amazon, having said that guessing its only Free Material or Stuff that you Own or Bought from Prime?

Other way is is as DG suggests, Smart Box or TV then Record it, but guessing any Protected stuff that gets piped through an HDMI Cable will be restricted, so back to the old fashion way if your Smart Box has RGB or Composite Out (ie early Roku's) then you should be able to record that but not in HD.

Other than that then your looking a Video Screen Grabber, which will, depending on type, Grab and Save the Material whilst its being Streamed on a Laptop or what ever, Note. you dont necessarily have to stream the whole content with these, just start streaming then pause it the Lappy, the content will still get Grabbed and Saved without worrying about Streaming Bandwidth. but your have to do your own Homework as were nearly touching a dodgy subject in terms of potential Copyright Software.
« Last Edit: 15 October 2018, 15:42:57 by iZirk »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 October 2018, 16:05:01 »

Not using crapple products would probably help no end ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 October 2018, 16:09:31 »

Android TV Box or some simple Roku's Boxes streamed at 720p/1080p using Android App should do it.

The Free 'All Connect' is a good little Android App Streamer  ;)

Streamng is no good for me as internet is limited during day hence why I download during unlimited night period and watch later.. it is the download ability and then crucially being able to transmit to a tv.

Last night I downloaded an all4 program to ipad. Plays fine on ipad but only sound on TV this morning. Most frustrating.
Doesnt the Firestick and or Fire Tablet let you download certain Films or Shows from Amazon, having said that guessing its only Free Material or Stuff that you Own or Bought from Prime?

Other way is is as DG suggests, Smart Box or TV then Record it, but guessing any Protected stuff that gets piped through an HDMI Cable will be restricted, so back to the old fashion way if your Smart Box has RGB or Composite Out (ie early Roku's) then you should be able to record that but not in HD.

Other than that then your looking a Video Screen Grabber, which will, depending on type, Grab and Save the Material whilst its being Streamed on a Laptop or what ever, Note. you dont necessarily have to stream the whole content with these, just start streaming then pause it the Lappy, the content will still get Grabbed and Saved without worrying about Streaming Bandwidth. but your have to do your own Homework as were nearly touching a dodgy subject in terms of potential Copyright Software.

Tablet would let you download, fire stick won’t.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.