Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: WHITE DIALS & CHROME SURROUNDS  (Read 4503 times)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
WHITE DIALS & CHROME SURROUNDS
« on: 04 March 2007, 14:39:48 »

Fitted this morning, white dials with blue numbers etc..

« Last Edit: 04 March 2007, 14:50:54 by mickdundee »

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: WHITE DIALS & CHROME SURROUNDS
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2007, 15:10:22 »

They look tidy Mike, well worth the effort :y
Retired

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2007, 15:34:09 »

They look tidy Mike, well worth the effort :y

Cheers Pete, The housing is actually Maxs', farted about trying to put foliatec film on the inside of the housing, complete waste of time, so sprayed it yesterday, refitted the chrome etc.. Looks OK apart from the darker shade of silver. Changed the LEDS back to normal lights, looks a treat :y

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2007, 18:42:44 »

Looken Good Mate, Looks Very Familiar  ;D ;D
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2007, 19:11:35 »

You still have yours then ::)

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2007, 08:48:44 »

Aye, Still got mine mate 8-), did I tell you that the guy in Germany used my original dials to make the template for the white dials. When I lived in Germany a few years ago I went to the guys shop but he only had the omega dials with KMPH not MPH so the only way he could make them was to scan in a set of original MPH dials then he could create the white dials, so I know that I have the original set fitted to my omega :y
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2007, 18:39:22 »

Aye, Still got mine mate 8-), did I tell you that the guy in Germany used my original dials to make the template for the white dials. When I lived in Germany a few years ago I went to the guys shop but he only had the omega dials with KMPH not MPH so the only way he could make them was to scan in a set of original MPH dials then he could create the white dials, so I know that I have the original set fitted to my omega :y

I had to send him pictures of my dials, but he still got it wrong, took 3 months to get from ordering, they missed the cut out for the fog light on the right hand side of the speedo (I had to cut that out myself. Ane the temp gauge reads at 90, whereas  the face lift is 80. Nevertheless all done now. But just out of curiousity the rev, and spedo dial seem to sit lower now e.g., not at 0. The rev counter sit lower on revs than what it used too, given this Iam potentialy driving at around 5mph faster than what is showing on the speedo and revs lower also.

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #7 on: 09 March 2007, 10:01:56 »

I had to send him pictures of my dials, but he still got it wrong, took 3 months to get from ordering, they missed the cut out for the fog light on the right hand side of the speedo (I had to cut that out myself. Ane the temp gauge reads at 90, whereas  the face lift is 80. Nevertheless all done now. But just out of curiousity the rev, and spedo dial seem to sit lower now e.g., not at 0. The rev counter sit lower on revs than what it used too, given this Iam potentialy driving at around 5mph faster than what is showing on the speedo and revs lower also.

AAAHHHH right, I had the same problem, there is a trick here, you need to put the intruments back in the car without the glass etc and without the needles and flick on the ingintion but don't start the car so that the spindle's find there rest position ( ie: you know when you switch the car ingintion on the needles spring up) so you place the needles at 0mph when you have the ignition on then, then you switch the car of the needles will drop on to the rest pin switch it back on and the neddles should be at 0mph, hope it helps :y

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 March 2007, 10:43:05 »

Looking good, what do they look like at night?

Sounds like good advice from Jim.
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 March 2007, 18:08:59 »

Now that looks impressive. :y
Do it right, do it once................

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 March 2007, 18:51:52 »

Looking good, what do they look like at night?

Blue!!..the dials light up white and are quite bright, with the reflection back from the white dials, the low fuel light now comes up blue aswell.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 March 2007, 18:54:40 »

AAAHHHH right, I had the same problem, there is a trick here, you need to put the intruments back in the car without the glass etc and without the needles and flick on the ingintion but don't start the car so that the spindle's find there rest position ( ie: you know when you switch the car ingintion on the needles spring up) so you place the needles at 0mph when you have the ignition on then, then you switch the car of the needles will drop on to the rest pin switch it back on and the neddles should be at 0mph, hope it helps :y

Now thats a problem, given that I have superglued the glass back on :-X....So to fix it I would need to replace the whole housing, and it just so happens I have a spare but it is Max's., ....Thanks for the advice though Jim, will give that a go.

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #12 on: 19 March 2007, 09:18:22 »

Now thats a problem, given that I have superglued the glass back on :-X....So to fix it I would need to replace the whole housing, and it just so happens I have a spare but it is Max's., ....Thanks for the advice though Jim, will give that a go.

How did you fit them? did you not remove the whole intrument's panel (just a few screws) and then separate the dials from the surround (also a few screws) place the new dials in position (held in place with a bit of silicone on the back) then do the thing I said earlier about refit the needle's, refit the surround, then refit the intrument panel, then Bob's your uncle :y

No need to reomove the clear plactic or seperate it from the housing

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 March 2007, 21:12:37 »

Love the dials Mike but will you please get a new number plate - the one with the grafitti on it lets your car down  :(

Or you could just photoshop it out  :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 March 2007, 19:26:25 »

How did you fit them? did you not remove the whole intrument's panel (just a few screws) and then separate the dials from the surround (also a few screws) place the new dials in position (held in place with a bit of silicone on the back) then do the thing I said earlier about refit the needle's, refit the surround, then refit the intrument panel, then Bob's your uncle :y

No need to reomove the clear plactic or seperate it from the housing

Yeah I see what you mean now Jim, I fitted the whole panel back at once, but yes you are right it can be done without the housing in place, cheers :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.