Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The deed is done ... :(  (Read 9822 times)

STEMO

Re: The deed is done ... :(
« Reply #30 on: 29 March 2019, 18:10:16 »

It certainly has some ooomph, VERY quick to accelerate and I could lose my licence very quickly !!, not towed with it yet, but the fuel economy will not be THAT big an increase over LPG, although it should be slightly better, especially solo.
On every single diesel I've had, you only get significantly better economy than petrol if you are Miss Daisy.  Gun a decent diesel about, and it will easily give MPG in the 20s over a tank....   ...or lower. Certainly my 3l MV6 was cheaper on fuel to run than the 3l Jag diesel.  Obviously, I care little about economy, or tree huggers.

The torque characteristics should improve towing MPG and drivability.

Derv only has about 1500 rpm as a sweet spot.

mmm don't know a great deal about diesels yet, but this one revs freely to 3000 without batting an eyelid, and the redline starts at 5000 !! coupled to the 7 speed box it goes some !!!

Sat at 85 on the dual carriage way it was showing 36 mpg on the computer
It's a bit like brexit, Nigel. Diesel haters will never, ever admit that they have any benefits whatsoever. Entrenched positions are the order of the day. For my part, I have had the same model of car in both petrol and diesel and, taking everything into account, I am happier with the diesel.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 March 2019, 18:28:30 »

I see it's sold,, is it staying on the forum..
Hoof'land storeman.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 March 2019, 19:01:39 »

I see it's sold,, is it staying on the forum..

Sold to a forum member, I'll let them make the decision to go public or not :)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 March 2019, 20:32:12 »

It certainly has some ooomph, VERY quick to accelerate and I could lose my licence very quickly !!, not towed with it yet, but the fuel economy will not be THAT big an increase over LPG, although it should be slightly better, especially solo.
On every single diesel I've had, you only get significantly better economy than petrol if you are Miss Daisy.  Gun a decent diesel about, and it will easily give MPG in the 20s over a tank....   ...or lower. Certainly my 3l MV6 was cheaper on fuel to run than the 3l Jag diesel.  Obviously, I care little about economy, or tree huggers.

Derv only has about 1500 rpm 500 rpm as a sweet spot.
Fixed that for you.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 March 2019, 20:41:18 »

Derv only has about 1500 rpm as a sweet spot.

mmm don't know a great deal about diesels yet, but this one revs freely to 3000 without batting an eyelid, and the redline starts at 5000 !! coupled to the 7 speed box it goes some !!!

It's a bit like brexit, Nigel. Diesel haters will never, ever admit that they have any benefits whatsoever. Entrenched positions are the order of the day. For my part, I have had the same model of car in both petrol and diesel and, taking everything into account, I am happier with the diesel.

You, Sir, are an entrenched dervateer....... :D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 March 2019, 21:12:11 »

Having driven my bosses several times I can confirm that it will go like a scalded cat! It’s also quite a pleasant place to be :y

(Although admittedly, his is chipped)

As for everything else - sorry to hear of your tumble Nige... Perhaps next time a little more tonic with your gin? :D

Stay well and enjoy the new steed
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 March 2019, 22:37:03 »

5000 rpm will be all it can do not start at, and really doesn’t need to be up there,
Anyway it will be 100% better than the Omega for towing especially if you get it remapped which I recommend as it will be better on fuel and far more lively (I know).
Laying a rubber road.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 March 2019, 23:07:34 »

Having driven my bosses several times I can confirm that it will go like a scalded cat! It’s also quite a pleasant place to be :y

(Although admittedly, his is chipped)

As for everything else - sorry to hear of your tumble Nige... Perhaps next time a little more tonic with your gin? :D

Stay well and enjoy the new steed

If it has the same engine as the 3.0 tdi A6 quattro we have at work I can confirm that. I don't think my 3.2 Omega would stand a chance of keeping up with it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 March 2019, 23:14:24 »

If it has the same engine as the 3.0 tdi A6 quattro we have at work I can confirm that. I don't think my 3.2 Omega would stand a chance of keeping up with it.

likewise my ML350 vs my 3.0 Omega

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 March 2019, 09:13:04 »

Very nice car Nigel. Best wishes with the recovery.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 March 2019, 09:30:31 »

Hi Nige. I do know how long these things take to recover from, having recently slipped on mud and kissed concrete - lots of blood and a broken nose - so I wish you well with your recovery.
Your dearly-departed did a magnificent job when you relocated MY tin tent, so if your new motor is even better, then WOW! :y 8) :)

Ron.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31 March 2019, 10:23:12 »

My XJ shows around 40mpg doing similar, but Jag fuel computers are like a cheap watch, to the order of 10-15%.  So probably very similar in reality :)

Over the 2 years I've had it, I think my (manually calculated) MPG is hovering around 32mpg - and now has enough data points that a good long, 300 mile 70mph cruise doesn't really impact the overall figure.  I think you drive more sedately most of the time, so you might get good figures.

So pence per mile, purely on fuel, its a bit behind the LPG MV6, and diesel servicing does tend to be a little more expensive (and all modern car servicing is, because they all need this new fangled oils and shit - and in your case, probably some pigs piss as well?). I suspect you might gain on the towing side of things though.

I'm always wary of remapping Audis, but that is based purely on the older A4s and their shitty manual chocolate gearboxes that start to melt.  So if you go down that route, go with trusted, reliable feedback from people you know/trust, not marketing tosh.
Grumpy old man

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31 March 2019, 11:01:25 »

My XJ shows around 40mpg doing similar, but Jag fuel computers are like a cheap watch, to the order of 10-15%.  So probably very similar in reality :)

Over the 2 years I've had it, I think my (manually calculated) MPG is hovering around 32mpg - and now has enough data points that a good long, 300 mile 70mph cruise doesn't really impact the overall figure.  I think you drive more sedately most of the time, so you might get good figures.

So pence per mile, purely on fuel, its a bit behind the LPG MV6, and diesel servicing does tend to be a little more expensive (and all modern car servicing is, because they all need this new fangled oils and shit - and in your case, probably some pigs piss as well?). I suspect you might gain on the towing side of things though.

I'm always wary of remapping Audis, but that is based purely on the older A4s and their shitty manual chocolate gearboxes that start to melt.  So if you go down that route, go with trusted, reliable feedback from people you know/trust, not marketing tosh.

Thanks for that .. no pigs piss needed on this one, and no intent on any remap .. it goes well enough as it is ! I have no idea what "real world" fuel consumption will be ... I'll let you know in a couple of weeks/months !!  :)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 March 2019, 11:06:49 »

Someone asked fo some piccies  : .....   :)  So now it's clean (and I think the Kosovans might do it more often ... rather a lot of metal to clean !! )  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31 March 2019, 11:15:11 »

I do like the wheels and guess they may be an upgrade.

Twenty inches?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.