Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: York Meet 2009  (Read 12074 times)

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
Re: York Meet 2009
« Reply #15 on: 21 January 2009, 19:29:14 »

I wasn't knocking York for entertainment... I have family near Richmond and think the whole area is beautiful but not some where I'd want to spend a 12 day break, as we are in Newent (actually going for longer but staying with family for a weekend in Wales first) whereas for York I'd be unlikely to come for anything other than the meet.

Each to their own... Just my personal feelings :y :y :y

To be honest, I would want to stay ANYWHERE in the UK for a 12 day break!! :o
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 January 2009, 20:46:42 »

I wasn't knocking York for entertainment... I have family near Richmond and think the whole area is beautiful but not some where I'd want to spend a 12 day break, as we are in Newent (actually going for longer but staying with family for a weekend in Wales first) whereas for York I'd be unlikely to come for anything other than the meet.

You have no sense of adventure ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Some of the best holidays I've had have been in this country... My attitude is to enjoy it whilst I can, because before much longer there'll be no pleasure holidaying here :o :o :o

We were originally planning to take the old Pikey box to either Southern France or the Italian Lakes but with the current Euro situation it's actually cheaper to holiday over here, and the Newent site ticks all the boxes for us.

That said, if the York meet was on a weekend we could make then we'd be there, there just aren't many I can do this summer due to other commitments :( :( :(
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

amigov6

« Reply #17 on: 21 January 2009, 21:20:07 »

Interesting. I hope Lakes has'nt died a death as i love Cumbria. If it has Newent could be the southern meet, York the middle ground & i believe there's a Scotch meet which would cover all of our isle & give folks a choice. If Newent 09 is booked for sept this year would it be an idea to book York for april/may in case Lakes crops up in the summer?
   Not too hot or cold. that way many would have the chance to attend both, me included!!!!! 8-)

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 January 2009, 00:13:00 »

Some of the best holidays I've had have been in this country... My attitude is to enjoy it whilst I can, because before much longer there'll be no pleasure holidaying here :o :o :o

We were originally planning to take the old Pikey box to either Southern France or the Italian Lakes but with the current Euro situation it's actually cheaper to holiday over here, and the Newent site ticks all the boxes for us.

That said, if the York meet was on a weekend we could make then we'd be there, there just aren't many I can do this summer due to other commitments :( :( :(
Well ive just got a caravan, and im planning on doing a few hols this year in it around uk...  Im planning on going to scotland for maybe a week or so.  :y (Depends on work)

And if I did a longer 12 day break I would got to a different campsite every few days etc, and keep moving to see different places! Couldn't stay in the same place that long! ::)
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 January 2009, 00:18:58 »

Interesting. I hope Lakes has'nt died a death as i love Cumbria. If it has Newent could be the southern meet, York the middle ground & i believe there's a Scotch meet which would cover all of our isle & give folks a choice. If Newent 09 is booked for sept this year would it be an idea to book York for april/may in case Lakes crops up in the summer?
   Not too hot or cold. that way many would have the chance to attend both, me included!!!!! 8-)

Good idea there Guy  :y

Other thing that my dad pointed out to me other day was the cricket season... If were there during this time other people maybe about too that’s all! Cant see this been a problem though as theres plenty of space!  ;D
[size=12]

amigov6

« Reply #20 on: 22 January 2009, 00:39:32 »

Hi Ian. Not up on the cricket season, are some of the grounds & pavillion taken up? When i was washing up in the kitchen it appeared the sport fields were away from our area so hopefully we would'nt encroach. Let's face it cricket is a dull pastime, maybe some of the players will see the benefits of a Mig est to load thier wickets willow & leather into, load 'em up with vodka on sat night then watch them fall OVER thier OVERS while they're hung OVER on Sunday morning! :D
    Joking aside, we have some time to see how the land lies regarding when members can attend & other events on the site.
     I'll be there whatever the outcome. :y

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 January 2009, 01:38:24 »

Hi Ian. Not up on the cricket season, are some of the grounds & pavillion taken up? When i was washing up in the kitchen it appeared the sport fields were away from our area so hopefully we would'nt encroach. Let's face it cricket is a dull pastime, maybe some of the players will see the benefits of a Mig est to load thier wickets willow & leather into, load 'em up with vodka on sat night then watch them fall OVER thier OVERS while they're hung OVER on Sunday morning! :D
    Joking aside, we have some time to see how the land lies regarding when members can attend & other events on the site.
     I'll be there whatever the outcome. :y
PMSL!  ;D

Not sure, will ask my dad as he plays it!  :y

I don’t think they use the upstairs of the pavilion no, more worried about flying balls to be honest! Having said that, we could just move down a little, and put the tent other side of cars JUST incase! :P
[size=12]

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 January 2009, 08:13:15 »

Well ive just got a caravan, and im planning on doing a few hols this year in it around uk...  Im planning on going to scotland for maybe a week or so.  :y (Depends on work)

And if I did a longer 12 day break I would got to a different campsite every few days etc, and keep moving to see different places! Couldn't stay in the same place that long! ::)

We sometimes move from site to site but this site in Newent is in a prime location for us and ideally located in the middle of most of what we're planning to do, so we wont bother moving :y :y :y :y

TBH we're actually starting off somewhere else so we're having 4 days there and 10 days at Newent :y :y

amigov6

« Reply #23 on: 22 January 2009, 21:13:37 »

So shall we book York in the spring this year so it does'nt coincide with Newent & leaves a gap in the summer for the Lakesmeet if it happens? Ian can book with a little notice, i can use a day or two's holiday to help him set up the music, marquees, bbq, CURRY etc.
   This would also give folk the chance to spread the time & expense to attend both meets, me included. 8-) :y

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 January 2009, 22:06:52 »

So shall we book York in the spring this year so it does'nt coincide with Newent & leaves a gap in the summer for the Lakesmeet if it happens? Ian can book with a little notice, i can use a day or two's holiday to help him set up the music, marquees, bbq, CURRY etc.
   This would also give folk the chance to spread the time & expense to attend both meets, me included. 8-) :y

Could do Guy! What do others think?
[size=12]

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 January 2009, 22:15:59 »

I am easy in the nicest possible way...
I may make this meet  :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

amigov6

« Reply #26 on: 22 January 2009, 22:55:39 »

I am easy in the nicest possible way...
I may make this meet  :y
I'd love to see you there Daz as i would All the admins, Bob Dent & everyone who lives further down south but will drive to the lakes & Scotch members who will drive down to Newent. This meet is smack bang in the middle & has everything including the site holders approval & it's canine friendly if you want to bring your poochies....it's rather' great!. We can arrange marquees for inclement weather/evenings with cooking & music. I know i'm crusading again but now we've got a gap between York & Newent i'd like to see admins & longer standing members give this meet a chance please, it really is a cracker & with all of us us instead of just the usual few it would be even better. :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 January 2009, 23:38:53 »

I will be up for this (if it's not the first weekend in July - that's spoken for) since I can't make Newent.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 January 2009, 11:37:23 »

Could do with a date getting sorted?
and how much is it? :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 January 2009, 13:24:39 »

If I'm not committed already then I'll be up for it :y :y :y :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.