Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Career advice - what to do now?  (Read 756 times)

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
Career advice - what to do now?
« on: 27 December 2014, 16:30:29 »

I've been working as land rig (onshore) electrician for 8 yrs now and company management forgot me all the times when salary was rising or we got a good contract in the Near East, I must have stayed everytime at home as "the number one spare" they said. Well, nowadays we seem to be being less'n less day by day and today this process could off to a final stage as my rig manager gave me a call offering me a deputy chief electrician position because the engineer who owned this, suddenly did quit. I have no illusions about this situation and know well, that it is just a temporary state that takes not too long. Plus I have candidated to a Midlle East drilling company for a rig electrician position in the end of October as I was really not satisfyed in my actual role and salary. Needless to say in Abu Dhabi possible I will get six times money to Hungarian one not to mention other benefits...Some electrician guy from Croatia and Poland who also had been on the interview sent me a mail that they got job visa in normal post letter and I also have a warning post card to take a confidental letter in the nearest post office... To be a Chief Electrician here a bit better than to work somewhere else, the money is not so good though...

What the hell to do?  ???

C20NE - X25XE

aaronjb

Re: Career advice - what to do now?
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2014, 09:44:12 »

Unless you've got family commitments at home that you can't move with you, go for the job in the middle east - the money will be extremely good and if you live as though you're only earning what you earned before you'll head home with a tidy amount of savings when it eventually ends or you've had enough of living in a desert..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.