Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird fault  (Read 12085 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Weird fault
« Reply #75 on: 25 November 2019, 16:17:33 »

the pump is lubed by screenwash ,if the pump is pumping and moving fluid ,it's quiet because the jet limits the flow ,reducing motor speed ,
if it's out of fluid ,or the fluid flows too fast (due to a massive leak) the motor is not slowed down, it will howl  :y

STEMO

« Reply #76 on: 25 November 2019, 16:52:28 »

the pump is lubed by screenwash ,if the pump is pumping and moving fluid ,it's quiet because the jet limits the flow ,reducing motor speed ,
if it's out of fluid ,or the fluid flows too fast (due to a massive leak) the motor is not slowed down, it will howl  :y
Yes, I know. But it's quieter now, with screen wash, than it was before, with screen wash.  :)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 25 November 2019, 17:07:33 »

Yes, I know. But it's quieter now, with screen wash, than it was before, with screen wash .  :)
but you had a leak ,it will be noisier before ,motors running slower now it's not leaking
OR
time for new hearing aid batteries  :-\  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #78 on: 25 November 2019, 18:10:44 »

Yes, I know. But it's quieter now, with screen wash, than it was before, with screen wash .  :)
but you had a leak ,it will be noisier before ,motors running slower now it's not leaking
OR
time for new hearing aid batteries  :-\  ;D
Anyway, did I say? The motor is quieter now.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 25 November 2019, 18:26:49 »

another few weeks and those dashboard lights would have been quite festive looking  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 25 November 2019, 20:59:50 »

another few weeks and those dashboard lights would have been quite festive looking  ;D
Haven,t you realised yet Dave that Christmas these days starts on Aug 31st.  ::) ;)

STEMO

« Reply #81 on: 26 November 2019, 07:21:01 »

Missus tried to open the passenger side window from drivers side switch this morning and it didn't work. Neither of the rear ones either. Sigh.............
So....either there's a reset, which I CBA looking at right now, or Vx have disconnected a wire on the passenger side.

STEMO

« Reply #82 on: 26 November 2019, 11:33:15 »

Just been down and showed them how 'displeased' I was. They don't do repairs on a Saturday morning, just services and MOT's.
It's booked in for Saturday morning  :)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 26 November 2019, 11:44:02 »

oh dear, your not having much luck with that one Uncle Stemo  :(
is the car dry inside now ? or got condensation ?
if it's wet, do you have a small heater you could put in and leave a window slightly cracked open  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #84 on: 26 November 2019, 12:36:21 »

if it's wet, do you have a small heater you could put in and leave a window slightly cracked open  :-\
There wasn't any sign of damp inside the car, there were no worries about that. It's probably a wire which has been pulled from the passenger side switch, we'll see. It will cost nowt, except time.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 26 November 2019, 14:52:39 »

Yes, I know. But it's quieter now, with screen wash, than it was before, with screen wash.  :)

they probably used Eboy recommended thicker screenwash 8)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 26 November 2019, 15:14:59 »

There wasn't any sign of damp inside the car, there were no worries about that. It's probably a wire which has been pulled from the passenger side switch, we'll see. It will cost nowt, except time.

At your age, time must be your most precious commodity.
« Last Edit: 26 November 2019, 15:20:22 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #87 on: 26 November 2019, 15:17:47 »

At our age, time must be your most precious commodity.
Hah. I've got at least thirty years yet.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 26 November 2019, 15:21:25 »

Just noticed I missed a y, so fixed it. Im 60 now and wouldn't want another 30 years. 10 possibly, but I think that will probably do me.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #89 on: 26 November 2019, 15:23:15 »

Just noticed I missed a y, so fixed it. Im 60 now and wouldn't want another 30 years. 10 possibly, but I think that will probably do me.
Yeah, yeah. Until you're 70, then another 10 years will do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.