Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3017830 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #17460 on: 21 December 2018, 17:58:54 »

Charged it.  As its not really drivable at the moment.

What with?  Dereliction of duty?  :D
LOL, having visions of Basil Fawlty ;D
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17461 on: 21 December 2018, 22:57:59 »

Abandonment more like ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17462 on: 22 December 2018, 12:17:12 »

Abandonment more like ;D
It looks a bit sorry for itself.  Its not been washed since before it went to Scotland, and that was the 1st week of August.

I'd bung it through a carwash, but with the rear screen cracked, that might end in tears.

I was going to get the hose out today and splash some water over it with the tried and tested 1 bucket method, but CBA.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17463 on: 22 December 2018, 14:08:24 »

Had to use the space saver on the Mundano again when the rear offside deflated suddenly on the A470 just north of the M4 near Cardiff.  :(

Sadly by the time there was somewhere safe to stop the tyre was wrecked and I'm now 70 notes lighter for a new tyre.  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17464 on: 22 December 2018, 16:17:27 »

The 190 had the annual clearout of interior and boot today. Got a black bin liner full to the brim with shite out of it. It might go a bit faster now.  ;D
If I wash the dirt off it tomorrow it should be faster still.  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17465 on: 22 December 2018, 16:48:40 »

The 190 had the annual clearout of interior and boot today. Got a black bin liner full to the brim with shite out of it. It might go a bit faster now.  ;D
If I wash the dirt off it tomorrow it should be faster still.  :D
did you get the batter bits out the fuel tank ?
you need cosworth stickers to see real power gains  :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17466 on: 22 December 2018, 16:57:15 »

Fuel gets filtered 6 times before it reaches to the engine fuel filter, so no bits of batter in the tank. Plenty in the boot though.  ;D
Don't need Cosworth stickers. it has a Cosworth interior and AMG wheels, so its a missile.  :y ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17467 on: 22 December 2018, 17:07:01 »

Dismantled half of the front of the Mundano to change a headlight bulb and reassembled.  ::)

Then went to change the windscreen wipers which I always find a fiddly challenge!  ::)   Anyway I eventually got them on to find they are utterly shite and should be called windscreen smearers!  :o  >:(

The old ones will be going back on and I'll be returning the new shite ones!  >:(

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #17468 on: 23 December 2018, 14:17:51 »

Got a sorta petrol smell inside the car now.......my fault   ;D
Instead of concentrating on filling the car up correctly, I got a tad distracted  ::)
My method is to wop the nozzle into the filler & swop hands. now I`ve got the trigger in my left hand & my back is to the left wing.
A very nice looking  coupe drives up to the pump opposite & a younger version of Nigella L walks around to undo the gas cap & fails. I now have her well rounded derriere pointed in my direction as she wiggles & giggles tryng to remove that darn cap   :o
My other brain cell now wakes up & is trying to tell me the tank is full & petrol is streaming down the side of the car.  ;D Whoops  :-[ why didn`t the ruddy thing lock off  ???
Enter stage left the Shell nipper with a bucket of sand  :-X

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17469 on: 23 December 2018, 16:51:29 »

Dismantled half of the front of the Mundano to change a headlight bulb and reassembled.  ::)

Then went to change the windscreen wipers which I always find a fiddly challenge!  ::)   Anyway I eventually got them on to find they are utterly shite and should be called windscreen smearers!  :o  >:(

The old ones will be going back on and I'll be returning the new shite ones!  >:(

Went to remove the new but shite windscreen smearers, only to realise that what I thought were funky blue blades were actually covers!  ::)

So I removed the funky blue wiper blade covers, which revealed a more conventional black blade which works very well!  :y

What a complete wazzock!  :-[ :-[ :-[  ;D  I've never bought windscreen wipers with covers on the blades though....  :-\

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17470 on: 23 December 2018, 17:43:38 »

Went to remove the new but shite windscreen smearers, only to realise that what I thought were funky blue blades were actually covers!  ::)

So I removed the funky blue wiper blade covers, which revealed a more conventional black blade which works very well!  :y

What a complete wazzock!  :-[ :-[ :-[  ;D  I've never bought windscreen wipers with covers on the blades though....  :-\
I thought that i was the only one to have these lapses of concentration. ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17471 on: 23 December 2018, 17:48:28 »

Washed it for the first time since its MoT back in November  :-[

Also wrapped the rear bumper trim to hide the crappy grey plastic. Just the door rub strips to do and it should look a bit smarter... well as smart as a 180k mile 16 year old hatchback can look ::)

Quite pleased with it as a first attempt, although a couple of the corners around the tailgate aren't 100%.

Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17472 on: 23 December 2018, 18:51:47 »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17473 on: 23 December 2018, 21:14:31 »

What age Mondeo?,headlights bulbs are really simple up to around 07 plate,just lift two metal clips and headlight comes right out  :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

STEMO

« Reply #17474 on: 23 December 2018, 21:42:07 »

What age Mondeo?,headlights bulbs are really simple up to around 07 plate,just lift two metal clips and headlight comes right out  :y
Don't spoil it for him, Henry.  ;D ;D

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.