Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gender neutral-again!  (Read 3328 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Gender neutral-again!
« Reply #15 on: 25 April 2019, 11:57:04 »

I can't believe that this is bothering people.  So a small change is made to balence things out a bit (which are still far too much in favour of men) boo frickin hoo.

There are more important problems in life, REAL PROBLEMS!  Such as making sure that when someone makes you a cup of tea that they dont make it piss weak.

Very well said Gaffers!! :y :y :y
I don't believe it's bothering people either. A ship is, and always has been, 'she'.

......and always will be.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 April 2019, 12:02:25 »

I can't believe that this is bothering people.  So a small change is made to balence things out a bit (which are still far too much in favour of men) boo frickin hoo.

There are more important problems in life, REAL PROBLEMS!  Such as making sure that when someone makes you a cup of tea that they dont make it piss weak.

I don't believe it's bothering people either. A ship is, and always has been, 'she'.

Not in French.  Bateau, Navire, Vaisseau, Porte-avions all masculin words.  The only exception is Chaloupe which is often used to describe a launch (small boat of a larger ship) or something small and flat-bottomed.

Make of that what you will. ::) ;D

People are obviously upset, otherwise we'd be talking about something much more important.

Coincidentally, the practice of using female names is thought to derive from not wanting to upset 'mother' nature, a Godess of Greek/Roman origin.  I can't remember if you were athiest or agnostic STEMO.

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 25 April 2019, 12:21:26 »

Not in French.  Bateau, Navire, Vaisseau, Porte-avions all masculin words.  The only exception is Chaloupe which is often used to describe a launch (small boat of a larger ship) or something small and flat-bottomed.

People are obviously upset, otherwise we'd be talking about something much more important.

Coincidentally, the practice of using female names is thought to derive from not wanting to upset 'mother' nature, a Godess of Greek/Roman origin.  I can't remember if you were athiest or agnostic STEMO.
Atheist, most definitely. I have always been an atheist, and will remain so until about ten minutes before I die.  ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 April 2019, 12:30:10 »

;D as they say in the US Army; there's no such thing as an atheist in a fox hole  ;D ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2019, 14:12:56 »

The sea is traditionally a male environment, and is a cruel mistress. Ships are traditionally female. Nothing wrong with traditions, however quaint they might seem today.

Billy Connolly's take on the naming of things...
It's a manhole cover. It's a cover for a hole that a man who works for the sewage company crawls into to work. And that man is up to his waist in shit while he's down there working. When a woman wants to do that job, she can call the cover anything she wants. Until then, it's a manhole cover."

And Jim Jeffries about Trump military policy on sexuality... NWS, and alot more open minded than I thought Jim might be... https://youtu.be/RhHGHbSWyMo Gaffers comment about foxholes reminded me...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2019, 14:13:49 »

Jeremy Whine was earlier talking about Milk Men getting attacked in the wee hours and kept referring to them as Milk Operatives...  ???  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 April 2019, 15:03:42 »

Most of "she's" are, in France, I've found.  :-* Below a certain age, at any rate. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 April 2019, 15:48:04 »

Most of "she's" are, in France, I've found.  :-* Below a certain age, at any rate. :-X

I must admit, given my experience of French women, I find that most French ladies have at least a little curve.  Some much more than others :P

Certainly a higer proportion than our English natives I find. :-X

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 April 2019, 20:44:28 »

Yorkshire tea?

Where exactly in Yorkshire is the huge tea plantation? ::)

just north of the rhubarb hills

aaronjb

« Reply #24 on: 26 April 2019, 09:39:08 »

Yorkshire tea?

There was a (mildly amusing) exchange between Yorkshire Tea and someone who protested their horror at the fact that Yorkshire Tea comes from India (something like "I WILL NEVER DRINK THIS AGAIN, IT'S NOT BRITISH!"), they ended it with something along the lines of "It actually all comes from a mine in Keighley." ;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 April 2019, 10:39:10 »

Yorkshire tea?

There was a (mildly amusing) exchange between Yorkshire Tea and someone who protested their horror at the fact that Yorkshire Tea comes from India (something like "I WILL NEVER DRINK THIS AGAIN, IT'S NOT BRITISH!"), they ended it with something along the lines of "It actually all comes from a mine in Keighley." ;D

;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.