Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Good price or not?  (Read 4678 times)

Taxi_Driver

Re: Good price or not?
« Reply #15 on: 29 July 2006, 19:57:58 »

Erm £50 for 4x5l 10w/40??  :o

I pay around £19 for the same.... Trade club.

As Jaime said, you should have np problems getting TC as you have a "fleet" of taxis.  ;)

Fleet? He's a multi national corporation!

Multi summat ...... :-/ i think you have spelt Numpty and C*** wrongly AA  ;D

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 July 2006, 20:29:48 »

This is what the guy at the parts counter told me:

Normal Vx Trade prices are essentially discounts given by the local dealer. The dealer buys the goods at the same price from vx regardless on whether he sells them for Retail price or Trade price.

Trade Club is a completely different arrangement. When you buy the part at Trade Club prices, the dealer gets an agreed small commission from the price you pay, and in turn he gets the part from Vauxhall for less than he normally would.

This is why the dealer can give you normal Trade prices at his own discretion, but in order to sell you the part at Trade Club price he will need to record the sale under your TC number to make sure he gets reimbursed by Vauxhall Motors.

The guy insisted that the commission they get is ‘very small’ (small??? Probably small compared to their usual 300% mark-up on Retail prices…), and in fact many dealers chose to opt-out form the Trade Club scheme altogether.

This also explains why dealers have different attitudes to Trade Club sales – mine is very helpful and friendly, but I heard that some dealers are not happy about selling small quantities e.g. just the odd filter etc at Trade Club prices.

BTW, my delaer also discounts non-TC items for me, this comes under the 'Oooh, I think we can do something on this item for you Sir...'.

As for your application, you should get your card and a hefty book in the post in around three weeks or so…

A note to RMcB – you closed the TC thread because of potential misuse of the TC card by members who have them for ‘personal use’ only. This is OK, but some of us have ‘proper’ Trade Club cards – which allow us to buy parts and sell them on to others. I can see no reason why the thread should not be re-opened for posting but only for full Trade Club members?

« Last Edit: 29 July 2006, 20:36:05 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

Big Rod

• Fife, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 July 2006, 20:37:26 »

Am I right in saying that TC parts aren't always what you'd get retail?
If I have to explain you won't understand!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 July 2006, 20:37:41 »

A note to RMcB – you closed the TC thread because of potential misuse of the TC card by members who have them for ‘personal use’ only. This is OK, but some of us have ‘proper’ Trade Club cards – which allow us to buy parts and sell them on to others. I can see no reason why the thread should not be re-opened for posting but only for full Trade Club members?

I'm not entirely sure about the rule about selling on - TC was set up to persuade independent garages to use genuine parts on vehicles they were servicing/repairing, not for resale...
Grumpy old man

mar892ree

• Northampton
  • if it dont undo, hit it wiv an hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 July 2006, 20:42:42 »

I'd have let the VX dealer fax it !

VX are getting a bit funny on newer TC members or should i say stricter !

The local VX dealer gives you the stuff at TC price then claims back the difference from VX, so getting full price !

Might have been better if the fax was done by dealer, at least the No would match up with an authroised phone No !

Anyhow good luck and dont be supprised if it takes 4 weeks plus !

Mark

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 July 2006, 20:43:08 »

I'm not entirely sure about the rule about selling on - TC was set up to persuade independent garages to use genuine parts on vehicles they were servicing/repairing, not for resale...

There are two qualifying categories in the Trade Club application form which to me suggest that you CAN buy and sell parts, and these are:

Motor Factor/Wholesaler
Retail Accessory Shop
« Last Edit: 29 July 2006, 20:44:25 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.