Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Annonymous poll on running costs of site  (Read 10291 times)

RonaldMcBurger

Annonymous poll on running costs of site
« on: 25 July 2006, 22:12:45 »

Please do not feel obliged to answer this, but it would help to get an idea of where everyone's opinions lie. It doesn't matter which way you vote, just pick the one that you wish to answer - no questions asked, no repercussions, no worries:

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Annonymous poll on running costs of site
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2006, 22:19:19 »

I just saved £90 the other day thanks to this site (jamie) for doing an oil change, Vx Oil change quote of £100  :o (£60 masterfit)

And all the advice on my possible projects

So i think i can spare £1  ;)

Even £10 donation will still be a bargin for all the info i had

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2006, 22:24:16 »

well said, count me in
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Salty

• Fleetwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2006, 22:59:13 »

The advice and repartee is worth far more than that :D Definitely count me IN :)

MartinP

• Dudley
    • BMW 320D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2006, 23:28:47 »

I voted NO

I would rather make a decent contribution. If a contribution is an option, £10-£15 is worth the effort of sending the money and shows a commiment to the Forum as many of us have gained far more than this in the knowledge shared by the people on here.

iggy21uk

• Omega Knight
  • Berkhamsted - Herts
  • Omega Spotter -  tats gone tanning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 July 2006, 23:59:27 »

I voted against £1.00  cos the cost of collecting the £ will not
leave much for the site overheads - i.e bandwidth, site visits, etc.

most of the pound will go to "B*NK" robbers  - my  view.

:question :question :question
« Last Edit: 26 July 2006, 00:03:11 by iggy21uk »
[size=10]Opelscanner Can owner / Cam lock kit owner [/size] [/i][/b]

Boiler Man

• Intermediate Member
  • Sale, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2006, 00:29:34 »

Same here, I think £10 to £15. By the time you have sent a cheque or postal order for £1 it would cost about £2.50 anyway.

If you think thats a lot include a club sticker.

Would be better if you could pay by card.

If you have money left over at the end of the year, we could have all have a Paaaarty. ;D shameless style
Omega 2.0 DTI GLS Estate 99 Gold & Omega 2.2 DTI CDX Estate 03 Silver. Just need a Bronze one now for the full set.

boss

• Lesta
  • Fat Contoller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 July 2006, 02:38:44 »

Yeah no worries 8-)
Everything imagined, exists......somewhere....

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #8 on: 26 July 2006, 05:37:37 »

I voted yes, but would be happy to pay more..... :)

RonaldMcBurger

« Reply #9 on: 26 July 2006, 05:56:22 »

Thanks for all the opinions and votes so far. this is part of what makes a site great, the pople that really use it and vaue it. IF, and I do stress IF we went ahead with a 'donation' type situation it would be done through PayPal most likely, so there wouldbe very little in the way of loss.

In view of the feedback so far, perhaps an open donation may be the way to go. People could then donate whatever they wished. I was also thinking that if enough people did so and there was any surplus, we could perhaps purchase tools that would belong to all members for free loan whenever needed.

All just thoughts at this early stage and once again I don't want anyone to feel they have to do anything, all just open to opinion which we value very highly on this forum.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 July 2006, 06:47:49 »

I agree with the general opinion...I voted yes, but as I suggested in another thread, I would be willing to make a voluntary contibution towards the running costs.

I like red cars

STMO123

« Reply #11 on: 26 July 2006, 07:06:20 »

DO YOU THINK I'M MADE OF MONEY,EH? ;D

summat

• Preston, Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 July 2006, 07:26:04 »

Voted YES just for the metrics, but this is a nugatory amount. As others have said, this would be swallowed by administration costs (hell, just driving to the bank in an Omega to cash a £1 cheque would use more petrol just cranking the engine).

Opinions to pay by card - I cannot believe that anyone associated with the running of the site could set that up, however, it does open up the option of 3rd-party pay systems (e.g. paypal).

One system I did see which worked well (well, it got $50 from me) was a voluntary system, where the site admins just gently prodded on an open forum every now and then for pay whatever they felt was appropriate.

To the admins: consider that with, say 100 people, you're likely only to get payment from the dedicated hardcore (whoever they are), so maybe 20-30% (despite what the poll says), and that figure is going to be directly proportional to the ease at which payments can be made (i.e. if you can pay at the keyboard then you're more likely to do so than if you have to walk to the post office and buy and post a postal order - contrived example, perhaps). Understand what you're trying to achieve - if you want to cover all costs then you're surely going to need significantly more than the £40-£60 that the £1/head is likely to attain. If all you're trying to do is take the sting off the running costs (e.g. pay for a base-station to be running 24/7) then the proposed method will certainly do that, but little else.

Just my two penneths worth (hmmm, gonna need some more two penneths... :p )

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 July 2006, 07:32:56 »

Voted yes

I would definately be willing to pay towards costs as the amount of pennies I have saved over previous months on this site and the other through help from people is amazing.

Roy

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 July 2006, 07:36:24 »

Voted YES just for the metrics, but this is a nugatory amount. As others have said, this would be swallowed by administration costs (hell, just driving to the bank in an Omega to cash a £1 cheque would use more petrol just cranking the engine).

Opinions to pay by card - I cannot believe that anyone associated with the running of the site could set that up, however, it does open up the option of 3rd-party pay systems (e.g. paypal).

One system I did see which worked well (well, it got $50 from me) was a voluntary system, where the site admins just gently prodded on an open forum every now and then for pay whatever they felt was appropriate.

To the admins: consider that with, say 100 people, you're likely only to get payment from the dedicated hardcore (whoever they are), so maybe 20-30% (despite what the poll says), and that figure is going to be directly proportional to the ease at which payments can be made (i.e. if you can pay at the keyboard then you're more likely to do so than if you have to walk to the post office and buy and post a postal order - contrived example, perhaps). Understand what you're trying to achieve - if you want to cover all costs then you're surely going to need significantly more than the £40-£60 that the £1/head is likely to attain. If all you're trying to do is take the sting off the running costs (e.g. pay for a base-station to be running 24/7) then the proposed method will certainly do that, but little else.

Just my two penneths worth (hmmm, gonna need some more two penneths... :p )

I agree. Voted yes but I think you should ask for donations. £1 is a small price to pay for all the info and I for one would be willing to pay more.
Retired
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.