Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: timning belt  (Read 1018 times)

MCU

• Sweden
  • Best driving vehicle and the caravan is BIG
    • 2x Omega 2.5td 1x 2.2l
    • View Profile
timning belt
« on: 21 March 2020, 20:19:39 »

I :-[ I have been fiddling with my 2.2l 16v with broken clutch. But there was a LOT of other issues. Namely a missfire or hesitation upon throttle. What i have done so far. Replaced clutch (problem solved. Also removed and welded up the cat (holes) ,Cleaning out the rocker cover+gaskets, crankcase breather pipe (totally plugged) cleaned out the carburettor, The hole was plugged to idle controll. Still have the hesitation. Also waterpump, and plugs were renewed, The same problem is still there, but it started to run better today and ran hotter. There was a hole in the purge hose. But noone of my many measures has been able to cure the problem entirely. Before removing the old timing belt, i checked the timing. It was slighty off. I did change everything. Tensioner and idler pulleys. But i have the small timing error again. It is not possible to have it lined up 100% spot on.... Now a thought that no one has discussed (or i have not found a discussion about this) The godamned waterpump can be rotated. On all other cars i have worked on this is fixed and one cannot mount it incorrectly...But on the omega 2,2 16v and probably all 16v engines it can be rotated.. and that would affect the length from crankshaft pulley to the camshaftpulleys. I did mark the wp before replacing and fitted it the same way i got the car. But since i cannot align timing perfectly, would that not be the probable error??? But no one has ever mentioned this. The wp:s moutning will affect timing!!! so if i now loosen the belt again and move it one notch, and loosen the wp rotating it clockwise, i should be able to correct the small error ? The are no error codes now. But there were a few i read with "My Naff Code Reader" and software. It was the camshaft sensor and a lot of other stuff, probably related to prevois owner forgetting to fit all the connectors. But the real issue should be the timing being slitghly off, possible involving the wp not being in the place it should ?. Next question, How sensitive it the timing error? If the top cambelt pulleys are spot on the crancshaft notch is 5mm Counter clockwise from the pointer.  But for each thing i did the issues became less and less a problem. Maybe a few hours of burning out shit from all the holes and plugged holes, will have it back on treack. I have replaced all one can replace it fees like. I just want someinput on the slight timing error, from a knowlegeadble person. It cannot be solved only with the tensioner. (worn and new setting).

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: timning belt
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2020, 23:25:16 »

The guide and Haynes and dvd cover this ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

MCU

• Sweden
    • 2x Omega 2.5td 1x 2.2l
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2020, 11:40:00 »

Well i did read the 2,2l maintenance guide. Think i read it 10 times. Yet i managed to miss the one line.. that in fact states that the wp position is adamant for timing.. But i did manage to diagnose why timing was slitghtly off. The self-abuser who replaced the timing belt the last time, is the actual culprit for the remaining timing error... I will fix this today. IF  Itīs still not working i will try swapping the camshaft sensor, as it can give the exact samt problem.
I bought the car with the same timing error... and broken clutch, and holes in the cat, blocked up everywhere, due to lack of love. But getting there... i do have 2x omega 2.5 tdīs running, so this is a project w/o need to fix asap.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2020, 13:34:11 »

I love fiddling with my Desmond   :-X  always good to be open about these things  :-\

MCU

• Sweden
    • 2x Omega 2.5td 1x 2.2l
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 April 2020, 12:00:32 »

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.