Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Another new HBV failed  (Read 5780 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Another new HBV failed
« Reply #15 on: 15 January 2017, 12:57:40 »

Am I the only person that's had 5 or 6 omegas over the years and never had a single HBV failure?  :-\ Do I win some kind of award?  :D
Of the 6 Omegas I've owned, 3 have had HBV failures, some multiple failures.  The other 3 I owned for only a few weeks for various reasons (mostly for tunnie's amusement  >:()
Grumpy old man

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 January 2017, 14:21:52 »

Yeah I definitely need some sort of Gold trophy next to my name then  ;D
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 January 2017, 11:35:34 »

Yeah I definitely need some sort of Gold trophy next to my name then  ;D

Yeah, good choice of colour. I don't think the HBV did fail on the Gold one. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 January 2017, 11:36:16 »

I now find myself with a leaking HBV... What to do.. At least if I go genuine they should change it with no quibble... :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 January 2017, 11:54:52 »

I now find myself with a leaking HBV... What to do.. At least if I go genuine they should change it with no quibble... :-\
Take one for the team... throw a Febi one on and report back...

Won't fail any quicker than the current GM one seem to :-\

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 January 2017, 11:57:28 »

I see AGP do Febi or Meyle.. Can get one of each for the cost of a GM one..

Yep, I'll do that. :y

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 January 2017, 12:18:04 »

With that choice, I would probably go Meyle... used a few of their parts on the cooling system of another car to good effect :y

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 January 2017, 21:05:03 »

Please report back Kevin mine is leaking ,need to get one soon  :-\
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 January 2017, 23:40:40 »

Will do. :y

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 January 2017, 08:32:38 »

The second Vx HBV I fitted is still holding coolant after 200 miles - long may it continue.
I see on e-bay a wide range of HBVs on offer, priced from £16 (more then Vx) down to £3
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-9-5-Opel-Astra-Corsa-Vectra-Omega-Cavalier-Heater-Control-Valve-90566947-/262421638836?hash=item3d198c6eb4:g:ohQAAOSwT5tWHiIj.
It's hard to believe that there are numerous outfits making fake items, I suspect one or 2 firms in China have been maKing HBVs for a while and are shifting old stock. The above £3 offering is old style with the vacuum pipe unshrouded, while the item I bought from Vx recently has a shrouded pipe. But which to buy? Were not the older ones more reliable?

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 January 2017, 14:09:40 »

The second Vx HBV I fitted is still holding coolant after 200 miles - long may it continue.
I see on e-bay a wide range of HBVs on offer, priced from £16 (more then Vx) down to £3
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-9-5-Opel-Astra-Corsa-Vectra-Omega-Cavalier-Heater-Control-Valve-90566947-/262421638836?hash=item3d198c6eb4:g:ohQAAOSwT5tWHiIj.
It's hard to believe that there are numerous outfits making fake items, I suspect one or 2 firms in China have been maKing HBVs for a while and are shifting old stock. The above £3 offering is old style with the vacuum pipe unshrouded, while the item I bought from Vx recently has a shrouded pipe. But which to buy? Were not the older ones more reliable?

That £3 HBV is in China! and if you look at the delivery time....it could take up to 2 months to turn up!  :o
Don't think id be buying one of those!

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 January 2017, 14:48:37 »

That £3 HBV is in China! and if you look at the delivery time....it could take up to 2 months to turn up!  :o
Yes, I had noticed; but £3 including postage! I am a patient man, I am tempted to buy a few for stock. I could buy 5 for the price of 1 genuine Vx valve, and they might be OK.

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 January 2017, 22:10:43 »

Yes, I had noticed; but £3 including postage! I am a patient man, I am tempted to buy a few for stock. I could buy 5 for the price of 1 genuine Vx valve, and they might be OK.
They probably come from the same line as the genuine ones... which apparently doesn't inspire confidence... besides what happens if your current one fails a week after ordering...

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 January 2017, 16:51:43 »

They probably come from the same line as the genuine ones... which apparently doesn't inspire confidence... besides what happens if your current one fails a week after ordering...
I return the 2 failed valves to Drive Vauxhall Bristol and get 2 more.
I have bought 2 valves from China and I am advised they are marked as despatched. I will let you know when they arrive.

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 January 2017, 16:55:35 »

Terry you must be topman fitting these now ;)
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.