Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The final nail in the motorists coffin  (Read 3689 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: The final nail in the motorists coffin
« Reply #15 on: 27 March 2019, 20:25:57 »

The Merc already has a limiter never bothered to use it.😀

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 March 2019, 20:26:55 »

Yet that 'slippery slope' hasn't happened with HGV drivers?

Overiding the limiter on trucks now, isn't as widespread as it was, having a "wire- switch" fitted not very common, most use a magnet... Tangs are exempt... ;)
Hoof'land storeman.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 March 2019, 09:43:38 »

In the legislation is also requirements for automatic braking systems as well as safety measures for other road users including pedestrians and cyclists.  It's not all about speed you know ::)

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 28 March 2019, 10:08:18 »

In the legislation is also requirements for automatic braking systems as well as safety measures for other road users including pedestrians and cyclists.  It's not all about speed you know ::)

Let me go find the video of the tests of those ..

.. the one where the BMW consistently fails to stop and mows the pedestrian down with gay abandon :o (Everything else stops just fine so clearly some work needed there on the part of ze Germans; perhaps they need to speak to ze Sveeds)

Going back a few posts - the Skoda used to have a "drowsiness detector".. it was .. quite accurate. And very annoying.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 March 2019, 13:09:38 »

Going back a few posts - the Skoda used to have a "drowsiness detector".. it was .. quite accurate. And very annoying.

The milk float has this. The noise it makes is heart-attack inducing!  :o

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 28 March 2019, 13:23:04 »

That reminds me .. you parked next to me on Tuesday morning (until the Pious taxi had moved and I could get out, anyway). I'd have said hello but it was the morning after the other thread topic, so I wasn't feeling in a chatty mood :/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 March 2019, 14:01:55 »

Let me go find the video of the tests of those ..

.. the one where the BMW consistently fails to stop and mows the pedestrian down with gay abandon :o (Everything else stops just fine so clearly some work needed there on the part of ze Germans; perhaps they need to speak to ze Sveeds)

BMW and the  Swedes all use the BOSCH ADAS so they should all be similar......that said I also recall a Volvo video of it not working to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_47utWAoupo

The Velar also has condition monitoring, not had the pleasure of it being activated yet

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 March 2019, 17:44:42 »

Nobody has ever yet died of speed. Its always been the slowing down.

If the do gooders do insist on such shite, lets just go completely autonomous.  I vote Tesla's system, that should help with the cull.
Grumpy old man

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 March 2019, 18:05:53 »

Looks like my 640 ponies on the VXR8 are going to go to waste,if this ever happens.....looks like it'll be going back to its birthplace as some already have,since Holden shut down. ::)

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 28 March 2019, 20:40:59 »

Looks like my 640 ponies on the VXR8 are going to go to waste,if this ever happens.....looks like it'll be going back to its birthplace as some already have,since Holden shut down. ::)
It will happen, it's got to. But.....I reckon you're looking at a good 10-15 years before all the 'stuff' is in place for it to work, and we'll probably all be gender neutral, coffee coloured folk by then.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 March 2019, 22:28:51 »

I'm glad there's one domain left where I can be a grown-up and take responsibility for my own safety.

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 March 2019, 07:28:15 »

I'm glad there's one domain left where I can be a grown-up and take responsibility for my own safety.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/  :-\

;D

aaronjb

« Reply #27 on: 29 March 2019, 09:24:14 »

For now. :P

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 March 2019, 09:46:20 »

That reminds me .. you parked next to me on Tuesday morning (until the Pious taxi had moved and I could get out, anyway). I'd have said hello but it was the morning after the other thread topic, so I wasn't feeling in a chatty mood :/

Ahh! I did wonder, although at the time, I was mid way through my internal rant about fuŁking taxi drivers so mind wasn't really engaged  ;D.

I've done 1200 miles in it now  :o ought to post an update... very nearly got screwed over by the public charging infrastructure today, landed at work with about 4 miles of range...  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.