Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheapo Tech II - Can it read alarm codes?  (Read 1529 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Cheapo Tech II - Can it read alarm codes?
« on: 29 April 2007, 00:19:17 »

Hi All,

Still having hassles with my alarm. I'm thinking it would be good to know what sensor is setting it off. Bought a cheapo tech II cable but haven't got round to finding a PC that it'll run on reliably. Just wondering if it is worth trying to get it running to read the codes from the alarm?

Anyone tried this?

Also, does anyone know where the alarm horn and power sounder are on a facelift?

Cheers,

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Cheapo Tech II - Can it read alarm codes?
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2007, 11:05:18 »

Hi All,

Still having hassles with my alarm. I'm thinking it would be good to know what sensor is setting it off. Bought a cheapo tech II cable but haven't got round to finding a PC that it'll run on reliably. Just wondering if it is worth trying to get it running to read the codes from the alarm?

Anyone tried this?

Also, does anyone know where the alarm horn and power sounder are on a facelift?

Cheers,

Kevin
Not sure tbh.  I did do a long comparison over on VxON, but my account is too restricted to search.

Some alarm ECUs require the pin to read, some don't.  If it needs pin, I would say cheapo has no chance.

The power sounder and alarm horn are under scuttle, drivers side. Very obvious if scuttle removed...
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Cheapo Tech II - Can it read alarm codes?
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2007, 23:25:56 »

Thanks for the info.

I think I caught a glimpse of the power sounder under the scuttle when jump starting a damsel in distress' V70 this morning  ;) so I know where to go if I need to tinker with them.

Think I'll check each of the remaining door switches and have a look for anything obvious wrong with the ultrasonic sensors.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.