Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 1748   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2983279 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #930 on: 15 September 2011, 20:58:34 »

So pulled up in the drive way after returning from work and looked at the smoke coming from the bonnet and watched the coolent running out from underneath the engine.
 :'(

Not happy -  :( :o :-?

Maybe the slight oil leak I thought I had was the start of the water leak running down from the left hand side above the oil filter towards the back of the engine.
Had thought it was going to be the cam gasket, but this is the primary issue now.
No car is going to be a headache.......
Might be best to start a seperate thread in Omega Help section about this issue - but yes, check HBV.
Grumpy old man

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: 16 September 2011, 00:01:04 »

So pulled up in the drive way after returning from work and looked at the smoke coming from the bonnet and watched the coolent running out from underneath the engine.
 :'(

Not happy -  :( :o :-?

Maybe the slight oil leak I thought I had was the start of the water leak running down from the left hand side above the oil filter towards the back of the engine.
Had thought it was going to be the cam gasket, but this is the primary issue now.
No car is going to be a headache.......

If water is leaking down over the oil filter its the wrong side for the HBV as thats behind the right hand head(from sitting in the drivers seat :y)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

aaronjb

« Reply #932 on: 17 September 2011, 21:53:37 »

Got in it, drove the 220 miles to Halifax, loaded a 7ltr V8 into the boot, turned around and drove the 220 miles back home again..  :D

Omega_Dan

« Reply #933 on: 17 September 2011, 22:30:46 »

Gave it a bit of a mini valet and got the Air Con Re-Gassed. Ice Ice Baby ;D
« Last Edit: 17 September 2011, 22:31:12 by Omega_Dan »

feeutfo

« Reply #934 on: 17 September 2011, 22:50:23 »

Got in it, drove the 220 miles to Halifax, loaded a 7ltr V8 into the boot, turned around and drove the 220 miles back home again..  :D
WhatwhenwherehowmuchwhatforwhatsitgoinginInfoInfoInfo come on, COME ON [size=24]COME ON[/size]  :)

HockeyDave55

• Milton Keynes
    • 2000my 3.0 police special
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: 17 September 2011, 22:55:25 »

WhatwhenwherehowmuchwhatforwhatsitgoinginInfoInfoInfo come on, COME ON [size=24]COME ON[/size]  :)
If that's going in an Omega, I do hope you start a build thread!!!!  :y :y :y

aaronjb

« Reply #936 on: 17 September 2011, 22:56:01 »

;D ;D It's not for the Omega - I don't think it'd fit (if an LS engine is tight, the FE would be a step too far!); it's for the Cobra project :) I decided the 6.4ltr sitting here just isn't quite enough so when a cheap 428 came up...

Although it's currently a kit of parts! 428 block, balanced 1U crank, balanced rods, forged pistons, herbert high lift & duration cam, Edelbrock aluminium high compression heads, roller rockers and the 58mm throttle bodies should drop right on the lot :)

[edit] Oh yeah - £1600 for everything (excluding the throttle bodies, they were £3500 on their own!), which is pretty decent as long as the block doesn't turn out to be flawed if & when I get it magnafluxed..
« Last Edit: 17 September 2011, 22:56:38 by aaronjb »

feeutfo

« Reply #937 on: 17 September 2011, 23:20:57 »

;D ;D It's not for the Omega - I don't think it'd fit (if an LS engine is tight, the FE would be a step too far!); it's for the Cobra project :) I decided the 6.4ltr sitting here just isn't quite enough so when a cheap 428 came up...

Although it's currently a kit of parts! 428 block, balanced 1U crank, balanced rods, forged pistons, herbert high lift & duration cam, Edelbrock aluminium high compression heads, roller rockers and the 58mm throttle bodies should drop right on the lot :)

[edit] Oh yeah - £1600 for everything (excluding the throttle bodies, they were £3500 on their own!), which is pretty decent as long as the block doesn't turn out to be flawed if & when I get it magnafluxed..
Ford? Pah!  :-/ 

Good money though.  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #938 on: 17 September 2011, 23:26:06 »

Gotta be a Ford in a (fake) Cobra ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #939 on: 17 September 2011, 23:30:52 »

Gotta be a Ford in a (fake) Cobra ;)
Of course.   ;) keep us posted, sounds good.  :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 17 September 2011, 23:37:12 »

Fitted new exhaust, topped up gearbox oil, changed engine oil and filter, fitted the rest of the LPG kit to the engine bay ready for Kev to fit the loom  :y

sandune

• Omega Baron
  • Essex Southend
    • 2.6 Omega Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 18 September 2011, 14:01:44 »

Oil and filter changed good---- bad spilt most of the used oil on the drive. Ruined a good pair of boots and my favourite jeans.Only finished scrubbing the oil from the path. :-[ :-? >:( ;D ;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: 18 September 2011, 15:23:47 »

just put the bolts compliments of Caz in the gearbox that we found missing at Newent ref knocking noise on start up. You get the odd knock now and again but vary rare now..also as newent when jacked up the car does not seem to knock :o :o

took the radio out and lo and behold theres the code  :y shame i got the pass key from vauxhall for a mere £68.88 now for a radio thats not even in the car :'( just gotta wait 80mins to put the code in >:( after 6 failed attemps 2 by me and 4 by wifey who wanted music on the way home from newent :D seems like i did put the right code in after all although it was the wrong radio ;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: 18 September 2011, 15:25:30 »

just put the bolts compliments of Caz in the gearbox that we found missing at Newent ref knocking noise on start up. You get the odd knock now and again but vary rare now..also as newent when jacked up the car does not seem to knock :o :o

took the radio out and lo and behold theres the code  :y shame i got the pass key from vauxhall for a mere £68.88 now for a radio thats not even in the car :'( just gotta wait 80mins to put the code in >:( after 6 failed attemps 2 by me and 4 by wifey who wanted music on the way home from newent :D seems like i did put the right code in after all although it was the wrong radio ;D

sorry Daz not trying to imply your a girlie mind you Caz has got a nice ring to it :-*

Omega_Dan

« Reply #944 on: 18 September 2011, 18:42:39 »

Checked the passenger side scuttle drain to find its blocked again. With difficulty i removed it to find it full of sludge. Cleaned and replaced. Checked ATF fluid. Nice Red colour and level was spot on.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 1748   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.