Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DVLA clampers  (Read 6347 times)

aaronjb

Re: DVLA clampers
« Reply #30 on: 20 December 2018, 11:58:00 »

I had a smart meter fitted, the privacy concerns don't really bother me to be honest, nor the threat of disconnection (which they could do anyway, as my meter is outside, before the smart meter was ever fitted) as I'm not a deadbeat ;D

The only thing that concerns me is that, once we're all driving EVs and the grid has collapsed under the pressure of charging, they'll start remotely turning my power off so that the important people can charge their cars.

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 20 December 2018, 12:37:17 »

Yes, we'll, you youngsters are free and easy with your personal data. Us older folk don't like the thought of living in the clouds.

aaronjb

« Reply #32 on: 20 December 2018, 12:53:42 »

If you exist as a human being in the West, you can pretty much guarantee you've been the subject of a breach by now, and all your delicious PII is out there for the right price..

Delicious PII.

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 20 December 2018, 13:03:09 »

If you exist as a human being in the West, you can pretty much guarantee you've been the subject of a breach by now, and all your delicious PII is out there for the right price..

Delicious PII.
Doesn't mean you have to empty your pockets without them even holding you up.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 December 2018, 13:12:48 »

I had a smart meter fitted ..........

So did I .......... and then it was promptly removed again due to lack of signal. My electric meter is in a cupboard that has a steel bi-fold door and foil backed plasterboard.
Smart meter man turns up, says he shouldn't be more than ten minutes, even though they book an hour to be on the safe side, and proceeds to fit the new meter. Two hours later he gives up and fits my old meter back in place.  ;D
I assume my address is now listed as 'It no workie'.  ::)

Anyway, what's this got to do with DVLA clampers.  :-\ 
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

« Reply #35 on: 20 December 2018, 13:19:39 »

I had a smart meter fitted ..........

So did I .......... and then it was promptly removed again due to lack of signal. My electric meter is in a cupboard that has a steel bi-fold door and foil backed plasterboard.
Smart meter man turns up, says he shouldn't be more than ten minutes, even though they book an hour to be on the safe side, and proceeds to fit the new meter. Two hours later he gives up and fits my old meter back in place.  ;D
I assume my address is now listed as 'It no workie'.  ::)

Anyway, what's this got to do with DVLA clampers.  :-\
[/highlight]

You can't just have one subject in a thread on OOF, it's the law.  ;D

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20 December 2018, 13:58:27 »

Ahh let’s have lampers ;D👀
Laying a rubber road.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20 December 2018, 14:07:50 »

I had a smart meter fitted, the privacy concerns don't really bother me to be honest, nor the threat of disconnection (which they could do anyway, as my meter is outside, before the smart meter was ever fitted) as I'm not a deadbeat ;D

The only thing that concerns me is that, once we're all driving EVs and the grid has collapsed under the pressure of charging, they'll start remotely turning my power off so that the important people can charge their cars.

Don't worry. I'm sure one of those american boat anchors in your garage would be "adequate" when coupled to a generator.

Until the "important people" ban petrol, at least... ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ballcock50

• South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 December 2018, 21:11:18 »

I'm sure you're right, but at present it is not mandatory, thank goodness. :y

Why do you hate polar bears so, Shack? WHYYY!! ;) ;D

My favourite part of the smart meter ads is them saying how much energy we could save, then in the small print saying that this is by "monitoring usage and reducing waste". Look, you cretins, I use the energy I use because I want to use that energy - I don't leave lights on for shits and giggles, I do it because I'm in the room! ;D

Ahem. Sorry. I digress because I got sucked into a rant. Back to everyone's favourite whipping boy, the DVLA!

It amazes me how they can claim it will save you money, and annoys me that they think we are incapable of saving energy without them. As for agencies collecting info about you, I refuse the loyalty cards offered on those grounds.

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21 December 2018, 21:32:47 »

Sure have gone off subject and the vehicle is still SORN so looks like i'll have to keep down the drive but it shows they are patrolling the lesser roads in towns

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21 December 2018, 22:02:44 »

It’s a pain, you’ve took the trouble to try to follow the law be gettiing it sorn, then they come along telling you where to park it on your own land! As I said earlier if you had sorned it parked it up where you did and took the plates off, no one would have been any the wiser. It’s your ground after all.
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21 December 2018, 22:57:29 »

https://www.gov.uk/sorn-statutory-off-road-notification

Perhaps you should clearly define your property  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 23 December 2018, 14:56:03 »

Sure have gone off subject and the vehicle is still SORN so looks like i'll have to keep down the drive but it shows they are patrolling the lesser roads in towns

They have targeted areas, depending on the levels of untaxed to registered vehicles in an area.,,,

As a side not HMRC have more powers of entry than the police.Be better for the police on a raid, taking a revenue man with them. 

For gbh get 3years, fiddle your tax/vat get 10 years... Don't break with HMRC.. :o
« Last Edit: 23 December 2018, 15:00:26 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 24 December 2018, 16:02:18 »

If you use social media at all, especially Arsebook, Google or other search engines, then those tech companies will know more about you than you remember about yourself. If you use a device with your location like a mobile, regardless (as we have just found out from a Google leak) whether you have it turned on or off all your movements are recorded and if you have a voice activated spy assistant, then they have your conversations and voice analysis. Include any pictures on the Internet then you are in facial recognition databases. Arsebook share & sell all this data to Russia & China and anyone else they can make a buck from, where you are the product.

All the search engines know lots about all of us from OOF where the website is spidered and indexed regularly.

This a 21st century fact of life and when the Axis of Evil (China, DPRK, Iran & Russia) rule the world then we will all be cradle to grave micro monitored, managed, rewarded & punished using China's 'Good Citizen' monitoring system. A little later than planned but welcome to 1984 anyway. :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24 December 2018, 17:17:21 »

Ah yes, but we will all be Muslim by then and know how to respond. :y
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.