Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Are Tesco's taking advantage?  (Read 3029 times)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
Re:  Are Tesco's taking advantage?
« Reply #15 on: 26 April 2008, 21:58:12 »

But remember the good old days when diesel was LOADS cheaper than petrol and diesel cars were few and far between....

Manufacturers produced diesel cars to utilise this wonderfull 'much cheapness'....

Then successive Governments introduced increasing tax levies on diesel fuel until the grossly extortionate price differentials we see today...

Cost of production of either fuel type is basically the same - it all comes from the same root stock in the first place....

cack.....   >:(

Agree with yer there Broocie........why am i paying 54ppl for lpg when years ago the refineries used to burn it off to get rid of it  >:(

OOOOh low blow kick us all while where down with empty wallets.  ;)
[Scotty mode]
ye canny change the laws o' physics Cap'n....
[/Scotty mode]

:D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #16 on: 26 April 2008, 22:08:46 »

But remember the good old days when diesel was LOADS cheaper than petrol and diesel cars were few and far between....

Manufacturers produced diesel cars to utilise this wonderfull 'much cheapness'....

Then successive Governments introduced increasing tax levies on diesel fuel until the grossly extortionate price differentials we see today...

Cost of production of either fuel type is basically the same - it all comes from the same root stock in the first place....

Agree with yer there Broocie........why am i paying 54ppl for lpg when years ago the refineries used to burn it off to get rid of it  >:(

Ummm no it wasnt meant to be  :)

My Omega 2.2 on lpg does 15mpg in town.......hardly economical......

Hence why with lpg costs now and the big hike in car tax.....it'll be up for sale shortly and im going back to diesel  :y

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 April 2008, 22:10:41 »

Hence why with lpg costs now and the big hike in car tax.....it'll be up for sale shortly and im going back to diesel  :y

bear in mind that, way back when TD was only a preschool bus pass, LPG was 20-odd pence per litre....   ;)    ;D

Debs.

« Reply #18 on: 26 April 2008, 22:15:04 »

There`s a small roadside-garage in my nearby town, which sells Red Diesel at the pump on the forecourt [size=9](strictly for jerry-can filling for farm/plant/generator use only)[/size]...the price?: 38 pence per litre!  :o

The garage owner says he makes a good profit margin on Red at that price.....and the price for Red hardly ever varies.

How can the DERV/Red Diesel price differential be justified; for something with virtually the same basic-formulation.  ::)

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 April 2008, 22:15:07 »

114 near me for unleaded.

i hope brown dies a orrible slow death, run out of petrol in the desert  ;D ;D ;D

richie

prestigesec

• Wirral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 April 2008, 22:17:24 »

bear in mind that, way back when TD was only a preschool bus pass, LPG was 20-odd pence per litre....   ;)    ;D

There wont be much difference between price/economy soon as diesel keeps making a larger gap between petrol and as already said lpg is no longer as cheap as it used to be. We all goin electric then until the goverment decide to charge us more for that.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 April 2008, 22:18:25 »

There`s a small roadside-garage in my nearby town, which sells Red Diesel at the pump on the forecourt [size=9](strictly for jerry-can filling for farm/plant/generator use only)[/size]...the price?: 38 pence per litre!  :o

The garage owner says he makes a good profit margin on Red at that price.....and the price for Red hardly ever varies.

How can the DERV/Red Diesel price differential be justified; for something with virtually the same basic-formulation.  ::)

its because the tax rate hardly ever changes.

not enough profit in it.

root stock fuels, whlst increasing at barrell prices almost daily, is a core product.  forecourt fuels increase revenues.

and that is completely irrespective of whichsoever government is sitting in the big seats at any given time....   ;)

albitz

« Reply #22 on: 26 April 2008, 22:21:07 »

there is a way to take the dye out of red diesel :-X :-X

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 April 2008, 22:26:45 »

there is a way to take the dye out of red diesel :-X :-X

but not the chemical trace elements....   ;)

amigov6

« Reply #24 on: 26 April 2008, 23:00:56 »

Shopped @ Morries today so slung £30 unleaded in @ £107.9 per ltr.
   I think the reason diesel has shot up in price has nothing to do with car drivers but HGV's. Imagine how it hurts the hauliers.
    Another excuse for my gaffer not to give us a pay rise. :(

P.S. If i had a diesel i'd invest in jerry cans & run it on cherry! :D

albitz

« Reply #25 on: 26 April 2008, 23:07:35 »

i knew a bloke who ran a small haulage fleet on red a few years back,he got caught and the fine had lots of noughts on the end,it put him out of business.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 April 2008, 23:11:38 »

I think the reason diesel has shot up in price has nothing to do with car drivers but HGV's. Imagine how it hurts the hauliers.

as soon as you are stopped and caught, ist 500 smackers...

Thats before they calculate how much cherry has been through your pipes over whatever lengthy period they can prove....

It is legalised pillage and not worth the candle....

If captured, it would make your 5 year plan a thing of the past.....   ;)

Debs.

« Reply #27 on: 26 April 2008, 23:22:56 »

as soon as you are stopped and caught, ist 500 smackers...

Thats before they calculate how much cherry has been through your pipes over whatever lengthy period they can prove....

It is legalised pillage and not worth the candle....

If captured, it would make your 5 year plan a thing of the past.....   ;)
You forgot the vehicle forfeiture thing as well!  :'(

Regular H.M.C & E roadside checkpoints, spot checks in car parks and use of monitoring 'technology' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_dyes make the completely illegal road-use of red diesel just not worth the risk.....`though it DOES still go on hereabouts.  :-X
« Last Edit: 26 April 2008, 23:25:25 by Debs. »

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 April 2008, 23:26:42 »

The 500 squids is the minimum.

General thing is the holding of the vehicle to ransom until the cold hard cash (no cheques or credit cards...) is paid then the vehicle is released.

I've seen 6 figure sums calculated (  :o ) and fleets confiscated - and they are tri axle artics, not wee Transits....

Martin_1962

« Reply #29 on: 27 April 2008, 00:18:14 »

48p at Calor today
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.