Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: World Cup Thread  (Read 20369 times)

STEMO

Re: World Cup Thread
« Reply #90 on: 03 July 2018, 22:03:28 »

They never do it the easy way do they ?  ::)  ;D
When England missed the third penalty, I thought "here we go again".  ::)
And every pub landlord in the country thought "What am I gonna do with all that beer"?

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 03 July 2018, 22:12:27 »

A win is a win.

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 03 July 2018, 22:52:57 »

The people I feel sorry for are all the amateur referees who give up so much time to support "grass roots" football in this country. Their job has been made 1000 times harder by the pitiful refereeing and appalling behaviour of so called "professional" players.

They will now have every useless player who thinks he is the next Ronaldo playacting and pushing/shoving/holding in the penalty area with the idea that if it can be done at the world cup then they can do it .....

Any "strong" referee who actually penalises such activities ... in accordance with the laws ... will also have face the "mobbing" by players and, probably worse, the wrath of parents on the sidelines who think their "little darling" can do no wrong.........

I'm afraid the genii is out of the bottle and it will never get forced back in .... thank the Lord I'm no longer involved at any level, if I still was ... I'd be leaving PDQ.

Without officials there will be no matches .. and I can see that point coming ...

:(  :(

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 03 July 2018, 23:39:02 »

The people I feel sorry for are all the amateur referees who give up so much time to support "grass roots" football in this country. Their job has been made 1000 times harder by the pitiful refereeing and appalling behaviour of so called "professional" players.

They will now have every useless player who thinks he is the next Ronaldo playacting and pushing/shoving/holding in the penalty area with the idea that if it can be done at the world cup then they can do it .....

Any "strong" referee who actually penalises such activities ... in accordance with the laws ... will also have face the "mobbing" by players and, probably worse, the wrath of parents on the sidelines who think their "little darling" can do no wrong.........

I'm afraid the genii is out of the bottle and it will never get forced back in .... thank the Lord I'm no longer involved at any level, if I still was ... I'd be leaving PDQ.

Without officials there will be no matches .. and I can see that point coming ...

:(  :(

I agree, where a friend of mine is a football referee in local leagues which includes children's matches where parents are already a regular problem. >:( >:( >:(

In South America officials and players being killed is already happening regularly. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 05 July 2018, 10:27:32 »

I, too, am glad I am out of it. I could not go back into refereeing (if I was able) for all the tea in china. I have watched from a distance, and its all as Entwood describes !! :(

Parents in my days as a ref, were always a problem. Some made blaspheming by adult players sound totally trivial !!!! >:(
« Last Edit: 05 July 2018, 10:29:56 by terbert »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 05 July 2018, 20:07:58 »

I see Maradonna has criticised the referee and says Colombia were robbed of the victory because of his poor decisions.Pot,kettle black anyone?

STEMO

« Reply #96 on: 05 July 2018, 22:10:24 »

I see Maradonna has criticised the referee and says Colombia were robbed of the victory because of his poor decisions.Pot,kettle black anyone?
Silly, little, fat, cheating coke head. I think that just about covers it.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 06 July 2018, 08:02:37 »

Not a fan of his then I take it Stemo? ::) Must say your description sums it up nicely though 8)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 06 July 2018, 08:21:46 »

Well the big day is tomorrow!  :y

I read yesterday that England have only beaten Sweden twice in 15 games, so what can possibly go wrong?  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 06 July 2018, 09:17:03 »

Well the big day is tomorrow!  :y

I read yesterday that England have only beaten Sweden twice in 15 games, so what can possibly go wrong?  :D

Probably  true  . . ..  but here we go again  .  .negative vibes being whipped up by the media.

No game at this stage is going to be easy  . . .   but no great shame if we do lose as we have done better than most thought .  Sweden are very organised defence wise , but with their system they may struggle to contain the England midfield , where IMo most games are won .

Cannot see why sterling is constantly picked to start, he misses every chance he gets & in my book is just a bit player  . . .better off without him  >:( >:(

England will be confident if it goes to pens though . . .   8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: 06 July 2018, 09:32:22 by Alnico Blue »
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

STEMO

« Reply #100 on: 06 July 2018, 19:55:09 »

One team of crying, cheating prima donnas gone this aft, and looks like another tonight.  :)

STEMO

« Reply #101 on: 06 July 2018, 20:54:05 »

Yes!  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 06 July 2018, 21:12:33 »

First ever semi finals which don't include either Brazil, Argentina or Germany.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 06 July 2018, 21:16:35 »

Enjoyed that one  Stemo :y   Brazil  gone . . .& what with  Urugay gone earlier . . only euro teams left  :o

IMO  all the South American teams have let themselves down with blantant diving , feining injury & dirty tricks .   

Any of the remaining teams must have a chance  . . .even us   ::) ::)   

British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

STEMO

« Reply #104 on: 06 July 2018, 21:27:11 »

Belgium v France will be a cracking semi. That's Tuesday evening.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.