Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not strictly an Omega.....  (Read 24945 times)

MarkC

• Midlands, Derby
    • Signum, CarltonGsi3000
    • View Profile
Re: Not strictly an Omega.....
« Reply #75 on: 01 October 2014, 12:56:16 »

Just need to add my twopenneth,,, wow!!!  :y :y

May I ask with various underbody items, like the 'straps' that the fuel tank is held by, wishbones, brackets, diff mounts etc.. did you recondition the originals/replacements, or were these brand new from Vx ones?

Wow, this has been resurrected!! Haha.

Thanks for the comments.

All the metal items are the original parts, sand blasted and powder coated. All bushes and rubber parts were brand new original Vx items, this was back in 2002/2003 and you could still get these items back then, would probably struggle to do so now though.

Very very nice, great looking car..

Thanks you Tilbo  :y

Absolutely stunning makes me and my hubby yearn for another 8) owned 1 12v and 3 24v before the Omegas love love love them to bits and yours is a credit to you  :y
Angie
Very very nice, great looking car..
[/quote]

Thank you Missy MV6, it certainly gets a lot of attention at the shows I attend, getting very very rare now in any spec.  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 02 October 2014, 10:55:33 »

Very impressed. And also shows how original items can look better than new. I'm aiming to do the same to my V6 - I want it to look as tidy and cared for underneath as on the top. How often have we owned a car which has had a nasty scab of rust which needs a plate putting over/cutting out replacing on an inner wing or similar, yet if someone ten years ago has just ground off the surface rust and splatted a bit of underseal on it, there's be no issue now?

Genuinely can see the time and effort gone into this.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

omega3000

« Reply #77 on: 02 October 2014, 11:26:15 »

Just make sure MOT man dont put his greasy paws all over the underside  ::) Wish i'd kept my 2.0 cdx carlton , was the best car i ever owned  :)

MarkC

• Midlands, Derby
    • Signum, CarltonGsi3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 03 October 2014, 09:36:35 »

Very impressed. And also shows how original items can look better than new. I'm aiming to do the same to my V6 - I want it to look as tidy and cared for underneath as on the top. How often have we owned a car which has had a nasty scab of rust which needs a plate putting over/cutting out replacing on an inner wing or similar, yet if someone ten years ago has just ground off the surface rust and splatted a bit of underseal on it, there's be no issue now?

Genuinely can see the time and effort gone into this.  :)

Thank you, and I quite agree,

Good luck with the V6, definitely worth the effort!!

Just make sure MOT man dont put his greasy paws all over the underside  ::) Wish i'd kept my 2.0 cdx carlton , was the best car i ever owned  :)

We have an agreement that he puts on a fresh pair of latex gloves on every time he inspects it  ;)

omega3000

« Reply #79 on: 03 October 2014, 13:02:01 »

Sure i read somewhere that 4 post lifts can be hired on hourly basis to do repair work , would be ideal for tidying everything up and undersealing . If money was no object think id install one next to the house as there is enough room  :)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 03 October 2014, 13:41:46 »

Cheers Mark C  :y

Jut to hog someone else's thread who's clearly done a better job than I could hope to do, my progress on the V6 is here...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=126439.0

And Emd, as soon as the engine's running I'll be able to get her on ramps, I can't wait. Being 225mm off the ground is NOT very good for access!! (I know it's that, because I'm using Omega wheels as axlestands!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

MarkC

• Midlands, Derby
    • Signum, CarltonGsi3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 03 October 2014, 14:49:21 »

Sure i read somewhere that 4 post lifts can be hired on hourly basis to do repair work , would be ideal for tidying everything up and undersealing . If money was no object think id install one next to the house as there is enough room  :)

I did all the work underneath the car whilst it was on axle stands, I was quite pleased with myself when I saw it on the ramps (whilst standing up) for the first time at the MOT test centre, the tester couldn't believe I'd done all the work underneath whilst on my back with the whole car just inches above me.

I few expletives were uttered I'll tell you (especially when I was fitting the Diff and subframe together!!) But it CAN be done.......just  ;)

MarkC

• Midlands, Derby
    • Signum, CarltonGsi3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 03 October 2014, 14:58:22 »

Cheers Mark C  :y

Jut to hog someone else's thread who's clearly done a better job than I could hope to do, my progress on the V6 is here...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=126439.0

And Emd, as soon as the engine's running I'll be able to get her on ramps, I can't wait. Being 225mm off the ground is NOT very good for access!! (I know it's that, because I'm using Omega wheels as axlestands!

Have faith, anything is possible....if you have time, patience......and just a little OCD   :D  ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 03 October 2014, 15:08:32 »

Haha! Well that's really good to know. I have to say I did notice in your photos the woks doesn't seem to have occurred in an air-conditioned garage with a Dulux white floor. Not suggesting that in a professional environment it's still not hard work, but doing it in your driveway makes it a damn sight harder, and worth an extra not of respect!

MarkC

• Midlands, Derby
    • Signum, CarltonGsi3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 03 October 2014, 15:28:02 »

Haha! Well that's really good to know. I have to say I did notice in your photos the woks doesn't seem to have occurred in an air-conditioned garage with a Dulux white floor. Not suggesting that in a professional environment it's still not hard work, but doing it in your driveway makes it a damn sight harder, and worth an extra not of respect!

The work was done at my mum's house back when I started it in 2002, half outside, and then moved into her garage to complete it.

I actually had to build my own garage at the side of my house before I could move the Carlton in!!

This is where she resides now, not air-conditioned (though it is ventilated) nor with a Dulux white floor, but she's happy living here  :y

(oh, and the clock was just a £3 clock from Asda......I made it into a Vauxhall clock. see what I mean about OCD  ;D)

1500x900mm Vx vinyl Logo on corex board at the foot of Garage...

Last but not least, my £3 Adsa cheapo clock converted into a more themed one :D

[/QUOTE]

omega3000

« Reply #85 on: 03 October 2014, 16:01:58 »

Wow  :o :D :D Impressive stuff ...  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 03 October 2014, 16:32:12 »

Any what is the pcm rent on this property, please? As I would like to live in this garage   ;)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.