Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrade for foglight bulb front  (Read 4377 times)

catso

• globe
  • live live to the max
    • 3.2 v6
    • View Profile
upgrade for foglight bulb front
« on: 17 February 2015, 12:48:10 »

I would like to change my fog light bulbs for bulbs that have the same color like the normal neox light for omega 2002, simply because it looks horrible the yellow foggy's  :(

any one might know what are the bulbs that i need to buy for it so the front lights have all same color?

instead of buying allot of them until i have the wright color!

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: upgrade for foglight bulb front
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2015, 12:53:25 »

Closest colour match I could find was using LED HB4's, still not quite right though but closer than you'll get with an incandescent bulb.

I think i've had them switched on twice in four years  ::) ;D

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2015, 18:56:24 »

Your looking for something with a 4k colour temp to match the HID dipped beam.

Phillips do some 4K 501's to get the side lights to match, but more sure about the fogs.

Steve
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2015, 20:02:53 »

OE HID bulbs are 4.2k colour
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2015, 20:08:15 »

Generally any 'standard' bulb that claims to be 4K+ or equivalent seems to be not for road use so tread carefully.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 February 2015, 20:15:19 »

Generally any 'standard' bulb that claims to be 4K+ or equivalent seems to be not for road use so tread carefully.
Does anybody ever turn foglights on on the road  :o.  Time to start shooting retards again, methinks
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 February 2015, 20:25:25 »

Does anybody ever turn foglights on on the road  :o.  Time to start shooting retards again, methinks
I guess the problem is that HB4's are used in Headlights on other vehicles.

cjackel492

• Sussex
    • 2001 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 February 2015, 19:56:54 »

It's when they start using fog lights and it's not even foggy that gets me, :(

I was shamed to see a miggy driving around this evening with sidelights and front fogs on. :(

Carl,

catso

• globe
  • live live to the max
    • 3.2 v6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 April 2015, 11:43:39 »

Thanx guys!!! finally same color in lights on front.

topic can be closed! :y :y :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2015, 12:01:01 »

It's when they start using fog lights and it's not even foggy that gets me, :(

I was shamed to see a miggy driving around this evening with sidelights and front fogs on. :(

Carl,

Glad I'm not the only one that finds this practice bizarre, and bleeding annoying!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2015, 12:31:52 »

It's a Lundun thing... apparently it is perfectly legal to drive in a lit 30 limit on sidelights alone... ???

Also VW group cars use the fog lights as Daytime running lights/cornering lights, which tends to cause their drivers to forget to put their lights on, as the road ahead is quite well illuminated  ::)

On the Insignia, the DRLs are the side lights, and there is a menu option to turn them off, although I'm not sure of the legality of doing so :-\

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 April 2015, 23:59:07 »

It's a Lundun thing... apparently it is perfectly legal to drive in a lit 30 limit on sidelights alone... ???

Also VW group cars use the fog lights as Daytime running lights/cornering lights, which tends to cause their drivers to forget to put their lights on, as the road ahead is quite well illuminated  ::)

On the Insignia, the DRLs are the side lights, and there is a menu option to turn them off, although I'm not sure of the legality of doing so :-\

Yeah, what is the point? Seems like some bored software engineer decided that, since he had steering angle and fog lights on the same CAN bus.... Anyone actually discovered any use for them? Other than to make other drivers think you've got a fog light out every time you negotiate a roundabout? :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 April 2015, 08:18:09 »

Yeah, what is the point? Seems like some bored software engineer decided that, since he had steering angle and fog lights on the same CAN bus.... Anyone actually discovered any use for them? Other than to make other drivers think you've got a fog light out every time you negotiate a roundabout? :-\
They fit them to trucks now, waste of time, but the designers think they a good idea.
Hoof'land storeman.

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 April 2015, 10:29:50 »

I don't know about anyone else, but I find them exceptionally distracting.....just like DRLs!
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 April 2015, 17:25:38 »

Had to use the fogs on my PFL as the headlights were sh*t. Lights on the F/L are excellent so rarely use the fogs now.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2015, 17:16:00 »

I installed CREE LED bulbs in my fogs, had to remove the metal thingymajigger in the centre to allow the bulb to become seated.... (Irmy fogs, not Elite fogs)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.