Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pulled fuse 27 car runs without running like bag of nails?  (Read 3384 times)

drinksoptional

• Scotland
    • 98 3.0 elite estate
    • View Profile

Recently removed the  self leveling on  98 elite estate  auto along with fuse 27 and my engine runs great  now.  Since i bought the omega last year it has this  issue on slight inclines  once its in fourth .  It begins to shake n judder like its not firing right. I would then either accerate so it kicks down if it big hill or  put in spirt mide to increase the revs just depends and it  will be fine   on dropping it down a gear it wil accerate fine.

since i onlybremoved shock  and pulled fuse  it now runs faultless  engine wise plenty if power i thought it was leads ,plugs ,coil pack or ignition module. I hadnt got round to checking.
can some one explain the connection?

I have no horn since removing fuse ,  second question were is the relay for sl pump

05omegav6

Re: pulled fuse 27 car runs without running like bag of nails?
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2015, 00:49:46 »

Dis pack or leads for the misfire...

SL relay is one of the small black relays next to the cabin fusebox under the steering wheel :y

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2015, 08:54:26 »

Cabin fuse box. At the very top, two black relays, one is self levelling, tother is high beam. So check high beam still works after. ;)

I doubt this is anything more than coincidence though tbh.

drinksoptional

• Scotland
    • 98 3.0 elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2015, 13:54:57 »

Thats what i am saying since pulling the fuse it runs great   , responsive without issue thats whati dont understand

drinksoptional

• Scotland
    • 98 3.0 elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 April 2015, 12:06:15 »

Right    so i put the fuse back in (27) and did a 40 mile journey and it was back to  rough idle  and juddering under load in 4 th    (auto ).   so i  removed it when i got home.   Next day i did a  100 mile round trip and it  ran fine . 

There is a connection to  this  fuse and my rough running   what it is i do not know   

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 April 2015, 18:54:47 »

There's isn't. It's coincidence, and anothe fault is occurring. Is my guess.

See>maintenance>index>codecreading>Paper clip test

Count flashes post results.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 April 2015, 18:56:31 »

If no codes, check the ignition system for faults, oil in plug wells, water on dis pac. Usual stuff.

drinksoptional

• Scotland
    • 98 3.0 elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 April 2015, 01:09:39 »

Four-speed automatic transmission: Standard on all Elite models. Electronically controlled, with load-sensing adaptive shift patterns for improved economy and driveability plus Economy, Sport and Winter driving modes and electronic park brake/shift lock. Fluid drive with torque converter and lock-up on third and fourth ratios eliminating wasteful slip.

Switchable traction control with two-way intervention (V6 petrol only)

Suspension

Front: Independent. MacPherson struts with twin-tube gas-pressure dampers and coil springs. Anti-roll bar. Silicon filled hydrobushes. Negative scrub radius.

Rear: Independent. Multi-link suspension system with twin-tube telescopic gas pressure dampers. Anti-roll bar.

Now i am still running it with the fuse out  and it runs fine its only when i have the self leveling fuse.in it starts having issues  No code faults showed before . 

drinksoptional

• Scotland
    • 98 3.0 elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 April 2015, 01:11:39 »

Four-speed automatic transmission: Standard on all Elite models. Electronically controlled, with load-sensing adaptive shift patterns for improved economy and driveability plus Economy, Sport and Winter driving modes and electronic park brake/shift lock. Fluid drive with torque converter and lock-up on third and fourth ratios eliminating wasteful slip.

Suspension

Front: Independent. MacPherson struts with twin-tube gas-pressure dampers and coil springs. Anti-roll bar. Silicon filled hydrobushes. Negative scrub radius.

Rear: Independent. Multi-link suspension system with twin-tube telescopic gas pressure dampers. Anti-roll bar.

Now i am still running it with the fuse out  and it runs fine its only when i have the self leveling fuse.in it starts having issues  No code faults showed before . 
 The " load sensing " part of above paragraph to me gives the impression there is a connection

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 April 2015, 08:55:59 »

You can say that again!  :D

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 April 2015, 13:40:46 »

There's isn't. It's coincidence, and anothe fault is occurring. Is my guess.

See>maintenance>index>codecreading>Paper clip test

Count flashes post results.

At risk of repeating ones self....

Are there any codes now?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 April 2015, 19:59:13 »

Suspension

Front: Independent. MacPherson struts with twin-tube gas-pressure dampers and coil springs. Anti-roll bar. Silicon filled hydrobushes. Negative scrub radius.

Rear: Independent. Multi-link suspension system with twin-tube telescopic gas pressure dampers. Anti-roll bar.

The " load sensing " part of above paragraph to me gives the impression there is a connection

Is what the suspension does, its a valve which tells the compressor,to raise or lower the suspension,and adjust's the brake bias when loaded. It senses load'weight' in the car, not engine loadings. ???
Hoof'land storeman.

drinksoptional

• Scotland
    • 98 3.0 elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2015, 20:42:31 »

Well if your towing  it might be related  withat type 8f load not the engine dont see what  engine loads git to do with it.  Ah well with the fuse removed  the  omega runs fine  put the fuse back 8n it doesnt  . Nobody can explain that  other check codes or its coil pack.  If it coil back then it would missfire or run vad all time  the omega doesnt missfire fuse in or out
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.