Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: tv programme  (Read 2716 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: tv programme
« Reply #15 on: 21 October 2019, 17:03:48 »

When I did history at school, back before the turn-up-and-you'll-pass GCSEs came along, history seemed to be more about geography, and I can honestly say I cant remember learning about kings and queens and battles in secondary* school

*although my secondary school seemed to be more about learning how to take a hot muffin.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 October 2019, 09:50:14 »

When I did history at school, back before the turn-up-and-you'll-pass GCSEs came along, history seemed to be more about geography, and I can honestly say I cant remember learning about kings and queens and battles in secondary* school

*although my secondary school seemed to be more about learning how to take a hot muffin.

That was a shame TB :(

As I have said before on the forum, I was lucky enough to first have a father who loved history and enjoyed bringing it to life, then I had two history teachers in succession that had a passion for the subject and got great pleasure in teaching / explaining it to us lesser mortals :D :D ;)

Geography was always a separate subject, that was also blessed by teachers who also thoroughly had a passion for their subject :)
« Last Edit: 22 October 2019, 10:03:08 by Lizzie Zoom »

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 October 2019, 12:42:00 »

on tonights "who wants to be a millionaire " a young guy didnt know the answer to the question which monarch was at the signing of the magna carta so he elected to phone a friend . his friend wasnt sure. as it was the contestant guessed and chose the correct answer. jeremy clarkson did ask why he chose the friend in question to try for the answer. the contestant replied " because he has a history degree ???
  the actual date & location was mentioned in the question , so john as one of the options i assumed some one that has a uni degree in history would know the answer.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 October 2019, 13:45:31 »

on tonights "who wants to be a millionaire " a young guy didnt know the answer to the question which monarch was at the signing of the magna carta so he elected to phone a friend . his friend wasnt sure. as it was the contestant guessed and chose the correct answer. jeremy clarkson did ask why he chose the friend in question to try for the answer. the contestant replied " because he has a history degree ???
the actual date & location was mentioned in the question , so john as one of the options i assumed some one that has a uni degree in history would know the answer.

In that case you would have thought so ::) ::) :D ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.