Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gatso camera  (Read 4175 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Gatso camera
« Reply #15 on: 07 September 2006, 14:34:01 »

no problem x25... yeah i remember seeing the average speed cameras on the m25 when picking up project b, glad it had cruise control!

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 September 2006, 14:56:02 »

I find cruise great in situations such as this.

I generally set it a couple of MPH below the limit.  I find that you still have to watch when descending inclines though as the speed tends to creep up.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

TheOutcast

« Reply #17 on: 07 September 2006, 16:18:47 »

I believe that all of the cameras in Northamptonshire are of the type that picture you from the front.
At least one though, has been changed so that it can get you from the rear also.
(It's on the A4500, Wellingborough Road, near The Trumpet Inn) [smiley=beer.gif]
It was announced in the local paper, and, if you look closely, you can tell from the way it's pointing, because it can still  only monitor one lane at a time. ;)

TheOutcast

« Reply #18 on: 07 September 2006, 16:49:47 »

I believe that all of the cameras in Northamptonshire are of the type that picture you from the front.
At least one though, has been changed so that it can get you from the rear also.
(It's on the A4500, Wellingborough Road, near The Trumpet Inn) [smiley=beer.gif]
It was announced in the local paper, and, if you look closely, you can tell from the way it's pointing, because it can still  only monitor one lane at a time. ;)
I generally set mine a little above the limit. After all , the cameras are supposed to be set at 10% plus 2mph above the limit. Which means 79mph on motorways and dual carriageway, 68mph on 60mph roads and 35mph on 30 mph roads, and then there is usually a bit of an error on your speedo.
It works for me. I had my last speeding ticket in 1980. I was towing a Trailer Tent, clocking 80mph in the outside lane of a motorway. I saw them at the same time that they saw me, I braked hard and they clocked me 66mph. Of course, there were no cameras then, the police just timed you with a stop watch, over a measured distance.  

mr des

• limerick, ireland
  • Doh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 September 2006, 22:31:05 »

i just knackered up my plates so they cant be read works over here any way with the price of my bus if i get done for speeding il send the paper work off backdated a day and break her into tiny pieces and buy another cheap meega ha ha
i want to shine in the eye of orion but i drove my sole through the black hole
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.