Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just popped the telly box on...  (Read 3244 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Just popped the telly box on...
« on: 04 April 2020, 17:46:07 »

... Hoping to catch the daily doom report. Presented instead with Pointless Celebrities.

Switched over to YouTube thinking never has something been so appropriately titled...  ;D

Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Just popped the telly box on...
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2020, 17:55:28 »

Another 708 deaths apparently over 800 was the expected toll.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2020, 18:00:08 »

The numbers are still only a third of Rods Armageddon prediction.  :-X

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2020, 18:20:32 »

The numbers are still only a third of Rods Armageddon prediction.  :-X
To quote Karen "We've Only Just Begun "
musical interlude  :P :-X ;D :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 April 2020, 19:17:08 »

I think it would be helpful if they compared the daily death rate with last years.   :y

So they could say " 2308 people died in the UK today 708 of those were directly caused by Covid-19, compared to 1600 deaths on 4th April 2019."

Because I wonder how many of the 708 would have died today anyway or their demise was imminent.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 04 April 2020, 19:27:58 »

I think it would be helpful if they compared the daily death rate with last years.   :y

So they could say " 2308 people died in the UK today 708 of those were directly caused by Covid-19, compared to 1600 deaths on 4th April 2019."

Because I wonder how many of the 708 would have died today anyway or their demise was imminent.  :-\
I wish they'd include the deaths that weren't in hospital. We really have no idea of the actual death toll from covid-19.

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 04 April 2020, 19:29:34 »

13 have died in one care home in Glasgow.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 04 April 2020, 19:31:20 »

And are other countries just reporting deaths in hospital or people who have died away from hospital?

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 April 2020, 19:34:45 »

I wish they'd include the deaths that weren't in hospital. We really have no idea of the actual death toll from covid-19.

Apparently that was changed last week with the figures now including virus deaths from other places, not just hospitals. ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 April 2020, 19:36:46 »

The figures are a few days behind before  published so not "Died today" really
No one knows who would have died anyway from each days total but, if you could say for sure , i doubt it would skew the numbers much
who knows how many people have died in self isolation , not yet found
or died ,not from covid 19 but lack of food or meds etc
if estimates are correct and 5% of the UK have it ,and the NHS is struggling now ,then staying home is pretty important
I personally think anyone out shopping etc SHOULD wear a mask , to protect others if nothing else ,
official advice says it lives on hard surfaces for 72 hours, heat and cold won't kill it BUT mail should be safe  :o

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 04 April 2020, 19:37:11 »

Apparently that was changed last week with the figures now including virus deaths from other places, not just hospitals. ;)
I don't think so, Lizzie. Up until Thursday they were still saying deaths within hospital. I'll have google.

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 04 April 2020, 19:38:42 »

You're right, Lizzie, Tuesday.

Every Tuesday the statistics authority will provide a backdated weekly count of all suspected coronavirus deaths of people who have died in their homes, care homes or hospices, which will be published in a combined form with the figures drawn from the daily death toll announced by the NHS in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The figures will be backdated to the previous week, starting with the week ending 20 March. It will include the ages of the people who died and give a regional breakdown.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 April 2020, 19:41:05 »

I believe myself that, quite correctly, the Goverment are keeping the public’s focus on just the virus deaths to ensure we really take them seriously and never become complacent.

If they started to show the virus deaths alongside the usual yearly death toll from flue of 17-20,000, and then in context of the annual death rate for the UK of 616,000+ (2018) then it would devalue their message and put everyone at greater risk from people being ‘too casual’ about the situation.

That is my belief anyway.  Our Government is using propaganda as they do in war time, as at war we are ;)
« Last Edit: 04 April 2020, 19:49:26 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 April 2020, 19:42:44 »

There's been zero change to the recovered number, still 135 apparently  ???

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 April 2020, 19:43:27 »

We were talking over our dinner tonight , saying how normal everything seems in our home apart from the restrictions that are in place, whilst in our hospitals it must be nearing total chaos God knows how the staff cope day after day. Regarding the numbers reported today they announced them a lot earlier so probably not entirely accurate. Stay safe everybody.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.