Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coolant level warning new mid  (Read 979 times)

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
Coolant level warning new mid
« on: 19 September 2014, 18:08:01 »

Hi. I have changed my old pixelated mid with yellow and black connector for a newer type mid with grey connector. It works but i have a few issues. One is range just shows F. I guess reprogramming it will cure that as its a used display. But what i cant undersstand is that i constantly have coolant level warning in the new display. I have found a brown wire with blue stripe that is grounded when the expantion tank sensor is plugged in, and not grounded when i unplug the expantion tank. This wire is connected to pin 28 on the new display. According to haynes and help from this forum pin 28 is the correct pin for the coolant level. I hav also tried to ground pin 28 directly but still Get the coolant warning. I cant see that the correct tech 2 programming will fix this? Is there a fault in the new display or am i missing something here? Any help will be greatly appreciated as Im getting quite frustrated with this problem now:p

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
Re: Coolant level warning new mid
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2014, 18:45:31 »

Ok. So searched the forum and found another guy who had the exact same problem. Turns out what looked like 28 in haynes is actually pin 20. They used the 0 with a dot in the middle. All sorted now. Sorry guys, next time i will search BEFORE i post:p but this is a brilliant forum, tons of info i cant Get any other place:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.