Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear window mechanisam went bang  (Read 1220 times)

Stu C

• Gatwick
    • View Profile
Rear window mechanisam went bang
« on: 20 September 2014, 09:17:21 »

Doing up rear window yesterday and it got half way up before going bang! and getting stuck. At first i thought the glue had failed on the bonding plate to the glass but after removing the rear door card I found a mess of broken platic bracket and steel cable :(  Anyone else had this problem and fixed it
?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Rear window mechanisam went bang
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2014, 20:58:37 »

Doing up rear window yesterday and it got half way up before going bang! and getting stuck. At first i thought the glue had failed on the bonding plate to the glass but after removing the rear door card I found a mess of broken platic bracket and steel cable :(  Anyone else had this problem and fixed it
?

Sorry Stu, but it appears that you're alone in this problem. I can only suggest a complete 'new' mechanism ..... assuming it's the same as the front, the mechanism will be pop riveted in place ....... not too difficult.  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2014, 22:00:15 »

?

No but similar, its fairly straightforward to replace, I got a spare for a about £12 on the net. There is a How to in the maintenance section. :y

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2014, 23:56:54 »

Billy Bridges at Pease Pottage have a face lift estate and pfl saloon, window mechs the same across the range...

You will need a Dremel or cordless drill though as the mechs are riveted in place :y

Stu C

• Gatwick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 September 2014, 06:30:35 »

Thanks peeps :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.