Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removed dashboard - Won't start. (Omega A 2.4i Club)  (Read 941 times)

yph

• Mo i Rana, Norway
    • Opel Omega A 2.0i Caravan
    • View Profile
Removed dashboard - Won't start. (Omega A 2.4i Club)
« on: 25 September 2014, 09:10:36 »

Hi guys. I'm building my Omega A 2.4i Club into a track car, and therefore I ripped out the dashboard. I took out all the plugs, except the ones to the middle of the dash. Thoose i cut. (The ones to the seatwarmers, foglights etc.) There was also a plug that went towards the engine control unit, that i cut. I remember looking at it and thinking "This one is ok to cut" but I'm starting to wonder if it was ok afterall. Can there be a immobilizer of some kind? I cut the breakelightssensor, and the wiring from the clutch. (This I've done on multiple bmw's without any trouble.) May there be something there?

Thanks in advance for answers.
- Daniel

yph

• Mo i Rana, Norway
    • Opel Omega A 2.0i Caravan
    • View Profile
Re: Removed dashboard - Won't start. (Omega A 2.4i Club)
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2014, 08:01:44 »

Okay, so we found out it was the fuelpump that didnt get any power. So we wiered our own switch to the pump, and it started right up. We started to remove all the fuses and relays, one by one. When they were all gone (not the ones by the engine control unit) the engine was still running, so we started to remove wire by wire, stopping and starting the engine when we had cut about 5 wires. All was working fine until my friend was going to pull out the rest of the wires, and short circuited something. Now it wont seem to start. May it be possible that he fried a ignition module, trigger sensor or some other sensor? (coil maybe?) Coil wire wont spark when held towards earth.

What's most likely broken?

- Daniel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.