Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LGBTQIA+  (Read 8418 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQIA+
« Reply #30 on: 01 July 2019, 11:21:06 »

We seem to have got off track by discussing if there is a god or why some folk are lbgt.

The point was the disproportionate air time. Seems nowadays that anything none mainstream gets a lot of airtime.  Whatever happened to old fashioned reporting of the news to include from time to time minority subjects.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #31 on: 01 July 2019, 11:28:26 »

I think i may be a Lesbian as I am very fond of females.

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 01 July 2019, 11:29:53 »

I think i may be a Lesbian as I am very fond of females.
I'm very glad I retired from being chief lesbian shagger. I'm definitely not going anywhere near you.  ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 July 2019, 11:35:43 »

Exactly, Mr. Varche. I am quite offended by seeing men (or women)  kissing in popular drama series like Casualy, Holby city and even EastEnders.
Why is it wrong to offend the homosexuals, but not for normal people to be offended by these distasteful displays?
As you suggest, they are over-represented anyway and maybe soon become the norm!

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 July 2019, 12:01:05 »

Exactly, Mr. Varche. I am quite offended by seeing men (or women)  kissing in popular drama series like Casualy, Holby city and even EastEnders.
Why is it wrong to offend the homosexuals, but not for normal people to be offended by these distasteful displays?
As you suggest, they are over-represented anyway and maybe soon become the norm!

Ron.

There you go again Ron!!!

Can you not understand that you by stating "Normal" implies that all other people who are not like you are subnormal by implication?!

That is why there is so much in the media now to show in this apparently enlightened age that being LGBT is being "normal" in their cases and there should be no discrimination against it. Society is simply re-balancing to reflect this, and if you do not like it, well, tough, get used to it!

If there were not people with your offensive attitude towards the LGBT communities (and others??!!) then there would be no need for all this media attention to it.

« Last Edit: 01 July 2019, 12:02:58 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01 July 2019, 12:07:56 »

We seem to have got off track by discussing if there is a god or why some folk are lbgt.

The point was the disproportionate air time. Seems nowadays that anything none mainstream gets a lot of airtime.  Whatever happened to old fashioned reporting of the news to include from time to time minority subjects.

Yep Varche, can you can see why when the attitudes of Bigron exists! ::) ::)

Do you really think that anything none mainstream is getting more air time than Brexit, Trump visiting China, or the Conservative leadership contest, let alone murder and mayhem on our streets? Perhaps the rioting in Hong Kong is not "mainstream" news, nor the building tensions in the Iranian crisis ?

I think because you MAY be uncomfortable with some non-mainstream news you are exaggerating this in your mind ;)

If you watched all the UK news as I do you would still believe that big news is still going on and being reported on in much bulk and "non-mainstream" news forms usually, outside of this week of Stonewall, the vast majortity of all news, and glimpses of LGBT in drama on TV, forms a very small element of air time. ;)

« Last Edit: 01 July 2019, 12:14:38 by Lizzie Zoom »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01 July 2019, 12:16:51 »

No I am not. It was a carefully considered observation. I jokingly say to Mrs Varche "lets watch the Brexit news" or " Boris news". 

The media do concentrate on some items more than others. The Boris spat or whatever with his partner being a good example.  Try sitting through an hour of Sky News to see what I mean

let alone murder and mayhem on our streets?

You have just illustrated perfectly my argument. How many murders or mayhem are there on the street as a percentage? i would suggest a miniscule percentage to be negligible. However the way the media focusses on it you would think it was the norm. Please note I am not trivialising the subject as one murder is a murder to much.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 July 2019, 12:25:36 »

No I am not. It was a carefully considered observation. I jokingly say to Mrs Varche "lets watch the Brexit news" or " Boris news". 

The media do concentrate on some items more than others. The Boris spat or whatever with his partner being a good example.  Try sitting through an hour of Sky News to see what I mean

let alone murder and mayhem on our streets?

You have just illustrated perfectly my argument. How many murders or mayhem are there on the street as a percentage? i would suggest a miniscule percentage to be negligible. However the way the media focusses on it you would think it was the norm. Please note I am not trivialising the subject as one murder is a murder to much.

Now I CAN well understand that point of view Varche.  But, at the moment that IS a very news worthy item in the UK and how can it not be when a pregnant woman, aged just 27, is murdered in her home in Croydon and the 8 months old baby is delivered, but now in a critical condition in hospital?  To add to that story yet another man has been stabbed to death in London - with all the knife and gun crime we are seeing repeatedly, the reasons for which are being hotly discussed, how can the TV producers not include those stories?  If they did not, they would be accused, rightly, of not caring and not reflecting the news stories that are currently badly affecting whole communities in our fair land?

Or do the news stories that only involve non-working class people, like toffs and politicians, deserve air time?

I certainly would not want to make those decisions!! :o :o :D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 July 2019, 12:44:12 »

I really don't care what 'botty bandits' get up to in private. If they choose to take each other up the 'wrong un' that is entirely their prerogative.

Bum boys should not be compared with lesbianism which is entirely natural and desirable when enjoyed by tall blonde full-breasted women between 20 and 35. :)

What some object to is the over-exposure of the 'gay way of life' making it look like most people are benders rather than just a few.

Is it really necessary to have a gay pride rally each year?

Men who like women and women who like men ( probably more than 90% of the population) seem to manage without a 'hetrosexual pride rally' each year.

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 01 July 2019, 12:51:01 »

I really don't care what 'botty bandits' get up to in private. If they choose to take each other up the 'wrong un' that is entirely their prerogative.

Bum boys should not be compared with lesbianism which is entirely natural and desirable when enjoyed by tall blonde full-breasted women between 20 and 35. :)

What some object to is the over-exposure of the 'gay way of life' making it look like most people are benders rather than just a few.

Men who like women and women who like men ( probably more than 90% of the population) seem to manage without a 'hetrosexual pride rally' each year.
Exactly, Opti, I definitely don't want it shoving down my throat every five minutes. Although, I believe, some people love it.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01 July 2019, 13:00:27 »

Exactly, Opti, I definitely don't want it shoving down my throat every five minutes. Although, I believe, some people love it.  ;D

Keep well away from the big black fella dressed as a cowboy. :) ;)

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 01 July 2019, 13:11:34 »

Just one more thought on the subject: If Russia, or anyone else with less tolerant attitudes than we are supposed to have in this country, decides to come knocking at our borders, who would rush to defend our country. Not the ponces who parade in pink once a year, that's for sure.
Do these people have any other purpose in life, other than to denounce the rest of the population as bigots? Most (all) of the women with adams apples and a five o'clock shadow I see on the box, are unable to work because they would be ridiculed if they left the house. We pay for their 'gender reassignment' and then keep them in food and accommodation for the rest of their life.

I grew up in a certain era thinking a certain way. I won't be told to change my ways, because I too have a right to think any way I want to. A small group of people telling the rest of us how to think? That has consequences, as history proves.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01 July 2019, 13:31:58 »

Just one more thought on the subject: If Russia, or anyone else with less tolerant attitudes than we are supposed to have in this country, decides to come knocking at our borders, who would rush to defend our country. Not the ponces who parade in pink once a year, that's for sure.
Do these people have any other purpose in life, other than to denounce the rest of the population as bigots? Most (all) of the women with adams apples and a five o'clock shadow I see on the box, are unable to work because they would be ridiculed if they left the house. We pay for their 'gender reassignment' and then keep them in food and accommodation for the rest of their life.

I grew up in a certain era thinking a certain way. I won't be told to change my ways, because I too have a right to think any way I want to. A small group of people telling the rest of us how to think? That has consequences, as history proves.

We are told to be tolerant, and generally are, of just about any minority you can think of.........except middle aged men who who dislike political correctness.

Apparently the world will be a better more enlightened place when dinosaurs like us are no more than dust in a pine box.  :) :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01 July 2019, 13:52:04 »

In the early 1990's I shared a house in South London with some mates and one night went out for a drink with some of the fellas from work, one of whom was gay.  Very gay!  :)  After the pub kicked us out we ended up back at my place to carry on drinking.  :y

The next day one of my house mates was absolutely livid that I'd brought this gay man into our house, didn't give a shit that we were pissed and a bit rowdy though!   ::)  I can't imagine youngsters these days would bat an eyelid...  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01 July 2019, 13:53:13 »

Oh dear Steve, generalising again! :D :D ;)

So the strong never fight to defend the weak? Only those that conform to a certain standard should be protected? So those with any impediment, or of the wrong appearance, colour, beliefs, coming from a certain city, etc, etc..............................??

Heaven help us all then if another Hitler came about, and within Great Britain. Eventually such a society would come for you, and me; why?  Because we speak up and protest as required in a currently, relatively, free society!!  Just watch what happens with those protesting in Hong Kong and having the gaul to challenge the Chinese leadership!

On the second point I have met post op transgendered individuals who work, AND they paid themselves for the big operation as it guaranteed they would not have to wait years to finally be as complete as they would ever be if reliant on the NHS. 

Feel some sympathy for them who have always gone through a hell that you or I can only imagine.  "Being ridiculed" for them becomes a choice of "putting up" with the ignorance, cruelty and plain nastiness of people and making the best of their lot, or just committing suicide. It is a choice as simple as that! At least some of those, thank God, come out the other side of their "challenge of life" and do the best in their lives, many becoming people who achieve in professional roles.

Painting a negative picture of them achieves nothing but pain for them, and makes the one doing it appear very ignorant, which I know you are not Steve!!   ::) ::) ;)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.