Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LGBTQIA+  (Read 8363 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQIA+
« Reply #45 on: 01 July 2019, 14:10:17 »

In the early 1990's I shared a house in South London with some mates and one night went out for a drink with some of the fellas from work, one of whom was gay.  Very gay!  :)  After the pub kicked us out we ended up back at my place to carry on drinking.  :y

The next day one of my house mates was absolutely livid that I'd brought this gay man into our house, didn't give a shit that we were pissed and a bit rowdy though!   ::) I can't imagine youngsters these days would bat an eyelid... :-\

Absolutely right Sir Tigger, our society is slowly changing and with us dinosaurs on here disappearing, the young will take a different approach as they would have grown up being told about the real world, not the one we were (not) taught in the 1950s/ 60's, or earlier for some!!  They will understand more, if not completely, of being understanding and tolerant of people that will not harm us, as they would not have been socialized as we were.  Women, don't I know, understand all about the socialization that men, and girls, went through; men led; men made the rules; men decided what was right or wrong; men decided everything, including going to war and killing millions; men NEVER were gay and anyone who was outside the then 'normal' should be put into jail or shot!!  Women, on the other hand, MUST be kept indoors to keep the home as their little minds cannot cope with anything more complicated!!

That is the World gradually we all, women as much as men, are moving away from and the amount of news items and dramas that feature non-mainstream items will be rare and far between because everyone will recognise that diversity happens in all ways and is everyday stuff.  The young are now taking us forward, hopefully, eventually, in all countries throughout the world, away from the distressing, murderous, ignorant attitudes that have historically plagued mankind and cost so dear. :'( :'(
« Last Edit: 01 July 2019, 14:13:44 by Lizzie Zoom »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 01 July 2019, 14:23:06 »

Your viewpoint is completely valid, although I personally wouldnt agree with some of it. The thing I find really terrifying though, is that anyone who voices a viewpoint very different from yours is in danger of being prosecuted for a hate crime.
This is Stalinist thought control at its worst, and should be fought tooth and nail by everyone who believes in the right to freedom of thought, speech and belief.
We really are sleepwalking into an Orwellian society and many people (particularly the young) have been educated (brainwashed) into thinking of it as normal and good
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01 July 2019, 14:47:37 »

Your viewpoint is completely valid, although I personally wouldnt agree with some of it. The thing I find really terrifying though, is that anyone who voices a viewpoint very different from yours is in danger of being prosecuted for a hate crime.
This is Stalinist thought control at its worst, and should be fought tooth and nail by everyone who believes in the right to freedom of thought, speech and belief.
We really are sleepwalking into an Orwellian society and many people (particularly the young) have been educated (brainwashed) into thinking of it as normal and good

Thanks Migv6, I appreciate that and I must make it clear that I do not expect everyone to agree with everything I have said as that is life; people do not necessarily agree on everything all the time!  That is right and proper.

As for comments being a Hate Crime, it is only when those comments are deliberately or accidentally hurtful to that particular community and are made in public.  An open public online forum can so easily transmit those feelings to very vulnerable people that the police, and on occasions, I have to deal with.  Those comments not only can break the law but incite violence and lead to life threatening situations, which once more I can get involved in as a police advisor.

The right to democracy and free speech is paramount to our society, but so is the right, if within the laws of Great Britain, for people to live their lives with equal freedom, and not be fearful of insulting, or threatening, behaviour, regardless of what category of community they are part of.  Therefore we ALL must be respectful and considerate in the way we act in public, or as a group in private, to not infringe THEIR rights within the law.  Prosecution of the individual for Hate Crime only comes about when documented, recorded, evidence of such offences is public and crosses a line of "free speech" into offensive behaviour that causes others severe distress, incites violence in others, and renders the offended party into a state of shock or fear or both. There can be no excuses for shouting out derogatory or offensive beliefs in public, and most rational, law abiding, individuals in our society understand that, keeping whatever feelings they have, private.

What is considered as being "normal" or "sub-normal" is actually a feature of authoritarian societies and played on by it's leaders.  We all should have nothing to fear in the truth being out there, which is the very thing Stalinist ideology does not permit within the general populous. Hitler made a point of highlighting how sub-normal, or even, sub-human the Jewish community was.  That can never be justified.

I hope that clarifies the points I make. :)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 01 July 2019, 14:59:54 »

It is just as acceptable for me to dislike them as it is for others to love them - that is diversity too, and not "hate crime"!

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 01 July 2019, 15:06:07 »

It is just as acceptable for me to dislike them as it is for others to love them - that is diversity too, and not "hate crime"!

Ron.

As long as you keep yours views private Ron, and do not cross the line in public, no problem!
« Last Edit: 01 July 2019, 15:08:42 by Lizzie Zoom »

STEMO

« Reply #50 on: 01 July 2019, 15:08:53 »

You obviously missed my last sentence. We're not the Hitlers.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 01 July 2019, 15:12:54 »

You obviously missed my last sentence. We're not the Hitlers.

I am afraid you, and I, are if we incite hatred towards a minority of people and make them feel unwelcome in our society. ;)

STEMO

« Reply #52 on: 01 July 2019, 15:19:19 »

I really don't give a flying fùck what you, or people like you, have to say on the matter. Me, and 99% of the people I wish to associate with, will never accept this particular group of people. I would never deliberately harm anyone because of their sexuality or religious beliefs, but neither would I rush to defend one being attacked.
You reap what you sow.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 01 July 2019, 15:20:02 »

Ron.

As long as you keep yours views private Ron, and do not cross the line in public, no problem!

That is Stalinism in a sentence. You only need to interchange "community" for any other word which fits at the time (party/ nation/society etc. etc) and you have total control of people with no option for disagreement from the permitted opinions, and punishment for sharing your thoughts, beliefs, opinions with other people.
And of course its all ok because its for the greater good. Absolutely terrifying.
In a free society (which we once were) if people say things you disagree with you don't prosecute them. You put your different opinion to them and discuss the matter.
Inciting hatred is of course wrong, but most of what is classed as incitement to hatred these days isn't hatred at all. Its refusal to accept and agree with the new version of right and wrong.
« Last Edit: 01 July 2019, 15:24:17 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 01 July 2019, 15:21:23 »

Yes Lizzie, you said it - our society, not theirs!

Ron.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 01 July 2019, 15:23:40 »

Yes Albs; a very chilling thought. And the indoctrination starts in schools.....

Ron.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 01 July 2019, 15:26:21 »

Yes Albs; a very chilling thought. And the indoctrination starts in schools.....

Ron.

It does indeed Ron, and now a so called Conservative Govt. is making it illegal for parents of children to have any say in the matter.
When the state takes control of the children away from the parents, then we are undoubtedly more than half way down the road to totalitarianism.

STEMO

« Reply #57 on: 01 July 2019, 15:28:19 »

My lad went through this at secondary school. I asked him what he thought about this particular 'lesson' which was delivered once a week. He told me that him and those sitting close to him did exactly the same as they did in RE........played noughts and crosses.  ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 01 July 2019, 15:37:29 »

Speaking of RE, Albs, my teacher for that subject (also our Latin teacher on punishment duty!) did a great job of explaining how religion came about and it had nothing to do with an Almighty Being: much more about control before a police force came about - and, of course, for revenue!

Ron.

STEMO

« Reply #59 on: 01 July 2019, 15:42:26 »

Speaking of RE, Albs, my teacher for that subject (also our Latin teacher on punishment duty!) did a great job of explaining how religion came about and it had nothing to do with an Almighty Being: much more about control before a police force came about - and, of course, for revenue!

Ron.
This is historical fact, and has been known by academics for centuries. But, just like today's sexual deviants, the church made it very difficult to contradict them. Nowadays you only get fined for telling the truth, you got burned at the stake back then.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.