Author Topic: HMRC  (Read 1250 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
HMRC
« on: 10 March 2016, 18:26:19 »

Got home tonight to find a letter from them,giving me £100 fine for late filing of tax return.Been on website to check as I filed it on 12th April last year,however this does not show and all it says is I owe the fine!Phoned their "help line"listened to all the pre recorded waffle they put on then was told they're too busy to answer my call and it automatically hung up on me >:( How am I supposed to sort this out if they won't even talk to me? ???

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: HMRC
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2016, 18:30:32 »

Got home tonight to find a letter from them,giving me £100 fine for late filing of tax return.Been on website to check as I filed it on 12th April last year,however this does not show and all it says is I owe the fine!Phoned their "help line"listened to all the pre recorded waffle they put on then was told they're too busy to answer my call and it automatically hung up on me >:( How am I supposed to sort this out if they won't even talk to me? ???

I have experience of HMRC.... :-\ :-\ :'(

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2016, 18:41:35 »

My advise would be check your facts VERY carefully before you take the bastids HMRC on  ;)
They don't take kindly to being told they are wrong and calling the joke of a helpline will soon clock up the pounds on your phone bill.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2016, 18:58:33 »

Well checking my account on line shows the last time I logged on was 12th April last year and I know I filed tax return at this time as I printed off a copy to give to council with application for housing benefit.Why that is not now showing on my account I don't know hence why I wanted to talk to them and see what if anything can be sorted out.I suppose at the end of the day I'll have to re-file return and pay the fine too >:(

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #4 on: 10 March 2016, 19:10:06 »

Its not when you filed it, it is when they received it, this can be up to 48 hrs after you filed it. You should have got an email receipt from them. If you look at the status on the summary page it probably says "not yet received". That's how they have manage to stealth tax you more.

Happened to me a few years ago so now wise to it and ring them for a verification reference, every year, as it happens every year, probably to everyone, loads of extra dosh for their pensions and expenses

HTH Phil
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2016, 19:18:31 »

Was the return for 2014-2015? If so then you had it in well before the January 31st deadline.

It`s quite possible that it has been missed and I would be inclined to go to your local tax office with your printed copy of your tax return and question the fine in the nicest possible way.

I`ve never had a problem with getting things sorted with the HMRC and always found them to be fair, even when I was one of the 1 in 10 that gets picked for their accounts and got caught out  :-X

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 March 2016, 20:44:11 »

Yep, ALWAYS keep a printed copy of anything you do with the HMRC. It's a case of guilty until they find a way of fitting you up so you look guilty. >:(

Don't even try phoning them.  ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.