Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fair wear and tear charges when returning a car bought on PCP.  (Read 5609 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Fair wear and tear charges when returning a car bought on PCP.
« Reply #60 on: 24 July 2018, 11:58:57 »

Changing back to the thread, my mortgage is until I'm 70 and it is now common to extend beyond this. ???

Indeed, we have just been through this, particularly painful process. Apparently most lenders now will accept you taking the term to either 78 or 80yrs old, just with some reassurances that that's when you plan to retire  :o. Above that, they want to see evidence of pension income (quite how you do that 30-35yrs our from your retirement date I do not know).

However, going that long on a mortgage strikes me as false economy, surely in the first 5-7yrs you're paying off so little capital its basically like renting  :-\

:o :o :o

My budget is based on 65 year retirement age, this might explain why some appear to be able to borrow more.
I'm 65 and there is no way I'd still want to be working. I'd be aiming for 60, Mark.

When I was younger I would have retired at any moment I thought I could afford to. I certainly didn't plan on working past 50.
Now Im almost 59, I have no plans to retire at all, as long as Im healthy enough to keep working.
I have periods of time where Im off work for 4 or 5 days at a time and it soon gets boring. The thought of being at home permanently, basically waiting for the grim reaper to pay a visit doesn't interest me at all.
If I was a millionaire and "young for my years", I may well see it differently, but Im neither of those things.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 24 July 2018, 12:04:16 »

Changing back to the thread, my mortgage is until I'm 70 and it is now common to extend beyond this. ???

Indeed, we have just been through this, particularly painful process. Apparently most lenders now will accept you taking the term to either 78 or 80yrs old, just with some reassurances that that's when you plan to retire  :o. Above that, they want to see evidence of pension income (quite how you do that 30-35yrs our from your retirement date I do not know).

However, going that long on a mortgage strikes me as false economy, surely in the first 5-7yrs you're paying off so little capital its basically like renting  :-\

:o :o :o

My budget is based on 65 year retirement age, this might explain why some appear to be able to borrow more.
I'm 65 and there is no way I'd still want to be working. I'd be aiming for 60, Mark.

When I was younger I would have retired at any moment I thought I could afford to. I certainly didn't plan on working past 50.
Now Im almost 59, I have no plans to retire at all, as long as Im healthy enough to keep working.
I have periods of time where Im off work for 4 or 5 days at a time and it soon gets boring. The thought of being at home permanently, basically waiting for the grim reaper to pay a visit doesn't interest me at all.
If I was a millionaire and "young for my years", I may well see it differently, but Im neither of those things.

Also, given work now vs 25 years ago a huge amount is technology based.

I could understand a brickie, builder, mechanic etc, outside type jobs where a lot of physical effort is involved. I just drive to an office and type away on a keyboard....

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 24 July 2018, 12:47:29 »

Agreed, I think retirement is only positive if you have particular interests and the wherewithal to pursue them. Otherwise, as you rightly say, you are simply waiting for the end. Which seems less than positive. Also, doing nothing is the fastest way possible to becoming incapable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.