Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 x 4 x Pillock  (Read 848 times)

Turk

• Omega Baron
  • Llanelli, Wales
    • 2.5td, H-D XL1200
    • View Profile
4 x 4 x Pillock
« on: 20 December 2010, 20:18:34 »

Earlier today a customer pulled out of the my works car park and learnt the hard way that when they're driven by numpties, a 4 x 4 will slide as well as anything. 
He slid straight across the road, up over the kerb and 5 foot up the steep embankment opposite our main gates.
Apart from the fact that our car park and main gates are on level ground, the road he was joining runs at a right angle to our entrance.
Loads of 4x4 driving pillocks around. It's as if they have to pass everything ahead of them, and when they get to the front they just sit there at the same speed they were at before overtaking. 

Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks it's head out of the window of a moving car.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: 4 x 4 x Pillock
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2010, 20:35:21 »

Fair play to them, the local 4x4 club were doing sterling work towing people out of trouble in the snow in February round here.

But agreed, if the drivers don't know what they're doing they're better off in a Fiesta. ;D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2010, 20:42:09 »

Fair play to them, the local 4x4 club were doing sterling work towing people out of trouble in the snow in February round here.

But agreed, if the drivers don't know what they're doing they're better off in a Fiesta. ;D

Kevin

So thats about 90% of owners then who use them for the 'school run'  >:(
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2010, 20:55:55 »

Must admit, I really miss my Rangie when the weather is bad. I would frequently help people when I had it... Mind you, I still do with the Miggy. I find it quite pleasant to drive in the snow/slippery conditions and ended up playing Taxi for SWMBO's work do on Saturday night :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 December 2010, 21:19:10 »

Must admit, I really miss my Rangie when the weather is bad. I would frequently help people when I had it... Mind you, I still do with the Miggy. I find it quite pleasant to drive in the snow/slippery conditions and ended up playing Taxi for SWMBO's work do on Saturday night :y

I'm on duty tonight.....  :D :D :D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2010, 21:21:56 »

When we went out it was a proper white out... Actually had to turn the headlights off and use the fog lights on the unlit roads :o :o Seriously considered going straight back home but decided we'd just keep an eye on the weather :y

Drive safe Mike ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 December 2010, 21:37:42 »

When we went out it was a proper white out... Actually had to turn the headlights off and use the fog lights on the unlit roads :o :o Seriously considered going straight back home but decided we'd just keep an eye on the weather :y

Drive safe Mike ;)

Cheers, will do as I will have Miss Vamps with me.. :-X :-X  Using swmbo estate as mine is still in the garage... :( :(

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 December 2010, 22:18:50 »

take it easy out there :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 December 2010, 22:36:50 »

Drive safe Mike ;)

Saving on the electric??  :o 8-)
« Last Edit: 20 December 2010, 22:37:12 by DiamondBlackGeezer »
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

albitz

« Reply #9 on: 20 December 2010, 23:32:36 »

I descended the hill out of our village today and started to drive around the left hand bend at the bottom of the hill.I was driving carefully as it was very icy. There was a van which had been abandoned, half on half off the right hand sideoff the  road. Its a minor B road so not that much room. Suddenly what comes around the bend at quite a high rate of knots, but a bloody artic. He has no chance of stopping so he swung round the van and was coming straight onto the bit of road that I was occupying. I braked - ABS cut in - and steered towards the left, and waited for a big bang. It never came, but I will never know how. My heart was in my mouth tbh, the wheels and sides of the trailer were so close I could almost feel them on the side of my face. I have no idea why he was using this road, or how he negotiated it further along where it is very tight, and atm very icy.
I wish I knew where he lived though.Tossa. >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 20 December 2010, 23:36:09 by albitz »

Steve Brookman

• Blackwood, Gwent
    • Royale/Senator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 December 2010, 08:51:35 »

Had to make an emergency trip yesterday (sister in law passed away) in heavy snow. A trip that usually takes 30 mins took 2 hours. I eventually took some country lanes with up to 6 inches of snow-I bargained that only 4 wheel drives would use them and was correct. I was lucky I had my Rangie-other people took 4 hours to do the trip.

Whilst moving slowly in traffic down a steep hill we were overtaken by idiots in a Peugeot 306 going hell for leather inn the deep snow in the middle of the road.

Also saw a Hilux up on a banking on the way back-the fibreglass back had come off. This was on a uphill straight so I can only presume he was speeding.

Steve
Previous
Omega 2.5 GLS Auto Estate         S115 JVV
Omega 3.0 Elite  Auto Estate        T639 TFA

skyblue

• Omega Knight
  • Bracknell
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 December 2010, 10:32:58 »

Had to make an emergency trip yesterday (sister in law passed away) in heavy snow. A trip that usually takes 30 mins took 2 hours. I eventually took some country lanes with up to 6 inches of snow-I bargained that only 4 wheel drives would use them and was correct. I was lucky I had my Rangie-other people took 4 hours to do the trip.

Whilst moving slowly in traffic down a steep hill we were overtaken by idiots in a Peugeot 306 going hell for leather inn the deep snow in the middle of the road.

Also saw a Hilux up on a banking on the way back-the fibreglass back had come off. This was on a uphill straight so I can only presume he was speeding.

Steve

Sorry to hear of your lose ........ couldnt have been a easy journey even without the snow :(
Caravaners  can only go as fast as the rest of the  other road users... so deal with it

Steve Brookman

• Blackwood, Gwent
    • Royale/Senator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 December 2010, 10:46:37 »

It wasn't easy.

Many thanks

Regards

Steve
Previous
Omega 2.5 GLS Auto Estate         S115 JVV
Omega 3.0 Elite  Auto Estate        T639 TFA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.