Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sensor position  (Read 600 times)

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
Sensor position
« on: 10 November 2007, 11:53:07 »

Hi I was advised to change a oxygen sensor, was told the sensor was on the N/S closest to the engine, well I have taken it to vauxhall to get it reset to remove the orange indicator light, but is showing orange light still, I have been told that the sensor that needs changing is on exhaust port no 1, which I am now being told should have been O/S, luckily I kept the old sensor to replace the O/S instead of the N/S but is there any pictures or info I can get to visually see that the sensor no 1 is infact on the drivers side O/S nearest the engine
Thanks   :-/  or does anyone know infact the positioning and numbering of the sensors.
DOH!!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Sensor position
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2007, 18:01:56 »

V6 sensors are based on clyinder number...eg O2 pre-cat sensor no 1 will be drivers side (1-3-5 bank)

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2007, 14:21:14 »

Thank you for replying.
I spent some time fitting a new sensor in the qwrong place, as advised by a guy working at vauxhalls, will have to put the sensor that I took off into the drivers side as new one fitted in the passanger side DOH!!
Thanks
DOH!!

Terry_Seyforth

• Great Yarmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2007, 11:05:33 »

Yes the whole section, cd and tape came out together, didnt realise this was the case, as the front is loose to the right, I now realise that someone in the past has tried to get it out thinking as I did that just the facier comes out, they have broke the plastic retaining clips on the right, I just have to work out how to repair the cd changer  now and find a way of securing the front properly.

Will I have to put the security code in when I replace the cd player.
Whats the procedure, I think someone told me that you have to disconnect the battery/power and reset ?
Thanks  :-/ :-
DOH!!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2007, 11:08:52 »

Yes the whole section, cd and tape came out together, didnt realise this was the case, as the front is loose to the right, I now realise that someone in the past has tried to get it out thinking as I did that just the facier comes out, they have broke the plastic retaining clips on the right, I just have to work out how to repair the cd changer  now and find a way of securing the front properly.

Will I have to put the security code in when I replace the cd player.
Whats the procedure, I think someone told me that you have to disconnect the battery/power and reset ?
Thanks  :-/ :-

Yes, you will need to re-enter the security code.

You need the radio off and ignition on, press and hold the AS button whilst turning the radio on, keep the AS button held until the radio bleeps. You can now enter the code by pressing 1 repeatedly until the correct number is up for the first digit, 2 for the seond digit and so on....when its correct press and hold AS until it beeps again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.