Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall's ICE person is a Rocker  (Read 1966 times)

dejongj

• Whipsnade
    • View Profile
Vauxhall's ICE person is a Rocker
« on: 17 February 2008, 23:32:18 »

I never liked my 2006 stereo, bad radio reception and bad reproduction of music CD's until I played some Pantera - Cowboys from Hell  which is some good old rock...And wow the system went upto 11 and kicked the music gods backsides! It all of a sudden sounded great!

Hence my theory that Vauxhall's ICE designer was/is a rocker!

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall's ICE person is a Rocker
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2008, 03:42:48 »

Ooooooh, not sure i'd agree with you on that one mate, I think he was more a simply red man  8-)

Most omega stereos don't get past the bay city rollers  ;D :P

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2008, 10:10:59 »

you should try the Bose system fitted in Elites, its a lot better than standard fit.

dejongj

• Whipsnade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2008, 13:48:54 »

you should try the Bose system fitted in Elites, its a lot better than standard fit.

As someone likeing audio I have got a built-in dislike to any kind of Bose Audio system  ;)
1. They make the wiring so proprietory that you can't upgrade individual components.
2. They dictate the frequency hand over between the speaker which I don't agree with.
3. Most importantly their subwoofers have to cover too large of a frequency range which is scientifically impossible to cover well without distortion.

Now I am not saying they are not better than the standard fit, but I am rather put a decent aftermarket head-unit in there....

But most importantly
4. The bose comes on the Elite and if there is one thing I can stand even less than Bose Audio is Vauxhall Leather seats.  :'( I have had a lot of different cars, but it must be the worst, cheapest plastic fealing/looking leather I have ever come across. Purely my opinion based upon comparisons with BMW, Jaguar, Audi, VW and even Nissan....

Hence I got a CDX, not the leather, not the Bose, but still the other toys....... :D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2008, 15:26:26 »

Got Bose Leather speakers in mine.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 February 2008, 16:43:49 »

As someone likeing audio I have got a built-in dislike to any kind of Bose Audio system  ;)
1. They make the wiring so proprietory that you can't upgrade individual components.
2. They dictate the frequency hand over between the speaker which I don't agree with.
3. Most importantly their subwoofers have to cover too large of a frequency range which is scientifically impossible to cover well without distortion.

Now I am not saying they are not better than the standard fit, but I am rather put a decent aftermarket head-unit in there....

But most importantly
4. The bose comes on the Elite and if there is one thing I can stand even less than Bose Audio is Vauxhall Leather seats.  :'( I have had a lot of different cars, but it must be the worst, cheapest plastic fealing/looking leather I have ever come across. Purely my opinion based upon comparisons with BMW, Jaguar, Audi, VW and even Nissan....

Hence I got a CDX, not the leather, not the Bose, but still the other toys....... :D

Have to disagree, i like the bose, its a clear sound with decent bass, but not too much.

No need to upgrade!

I found Elite seats the most comfy! leccy adjustment give lots of support and its very soft.

Its also very hard waring, my estate has 160k miles and it still looks mint!

dejongj

• Whipsnade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 February 2008, 18:48:19 »

Got Bose Leather speakers in mine.
[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

dejongj

• Whipsnade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 February 2008, 19:02:07 »

But most importantly

Have to disagree, i like the bose, its a clear sound with decent bass, but not too much.

No need to upgrade!

I found Elite seats the most comfy! leccy adjustment give lots of support and its very soft.

Its also very hard waring, my estate has 160k miles and it still looks mint!

We all like different things, so it good there is choice  :y But what we like is normally informed by what we know as a reference, hence keeping an open mind is always very good  [smiley=engel017.gif]

When bass is done properly you don't actually hear it, the moment you hear it (or actually one's brain thinks it hears it) you are hitting the limitations of the system. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a boyracer, no where near! I'm into classical music a lot and the sound of an organ with its deep registers is enough to make most systems run behind the sofa and weep  ;D At home I've got two subwoofer combined with floor standing speakers to cover the frequency range required. My SVS speakers goes down from 35-18Hz which is just enough (can't hear them but can give you a stomach ache!), and my Velodyne is set to cover 58Hz-35Hz....

But anyway a lot of people like the Bose sound and even pay way over the odds for things like the SoundWave. But have you ever noticed that all their advertising is directed to a certain age group and their magazines. It is a marketing brand high margin brand first....

But as I said before, it is a lot better than the standard fit, and due too the wiring involved I wouldn't rip it out when I had one, hence I avoided buying a car with one. My wife's Murano was different you couldn't get it without the Bose system, she hates me as until I pointed out the defects she was happy with it  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 February 2008, 20:16:29 »

The Bose home systems do appear a bit naff.  The car ones are not bad at all. Certainly not the best, and definately not the most powerful for spotty 18yr olds in Corsas.  But it is normally plenty good enough for most people to make it not worth swapping out.

Obviously everyone is different, both in tastes, demands, expectations, and hearing, so choice is good :y

Personally, for me, the Bose is hard to beat based on my hearing, the system's clarity, the fact that it is not over bassed, the power is more than adequate, and the factory fit niceness.  So I am a happy boy. I was that pleased, I retro fitted it to the MV6 (the Elite having it as standard).  I've yet to see and hear an aftermarket stereo fitted to an Omega that I would be happy with.
Grumpy old man

SHARPEY

• Elland
  • Sod it i'm off to the pub !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2008, 20:03:28 »

The Bose home systems do appear a bit naff.  The car ones are not bad at all. Certainly not the best, and definately not the most powerful for spotty 18yr olds in Corsas.  But it is normally plenty good enough for most people to make it not worth swapping out.

Obviously everyone is different, both in tastes, demands, expectations, and hearing, so choice is good :y

Personally, for me, the Bose is hard to beat based on my hearing, the system's clarity, the fact that it is not over bassed, the power is more than adequate, and the factory fit niceness.  So I am a happy boy. I was that pleased, I retro fitted it to the MV6 (the Elite having it as standard).  I've yet to see and hear an aftermarket stereo fitted to an Omega that I would be happy with.
Got to disagree with you on the home system. I have a 6 speaker Acoustimas system linked up to a Yamaha amp and a 42 inch plasma and the sound is fanbloomintastic !

My car is a different story as my CCR 2006 is knackered (cd part) and I am currently in the process of fitting a Harman/Kardam ipod system which will negate the need for the buggered cd player. The sound out of the standard speakers isn't too bad though.

Sharpey.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 February 2008, 08:45:03 »

Got to disagree with you on the home system. I have a 6 speaker Acoustimas system linked up to a Yamaha amp and a 42 inch plasma and the sound is fanbloomintastic !

My car is a different story as my CCR 2006 is knackered (cd part) and I am currently in the process of fitting a Harman/Kardam ipod system which will negate the need for the buggered cd player. The sound out of the standard speakers isn't too bad though.

Sharpey.
The Bose setup is has more clarity, more range, and a little more power.  Much noticibly better.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.