Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Painting  (Read 1106 times)

Martin_1962

Painting
« on: 30 August 2009, 22:15:09 »

Well I have been testing my Aldi spray gin.

Managed to get a few runs, but not too bad.

Will W&D tomorrow and a second coat.

Laquer late tomorrow I hope

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
Re: Painting
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2009, 22:47:56 »

well i hope you have better luck than me,  :'( ive been doing a facelift rear bumper for my old tractor, i painted the basecoat a couple of days ago & it looked o,k apart from a couple of dents in the plastic, thought id set about the clearcoat today until i discovered the basecoat has reacted in places & left cracks >:( so today was spent rubbing down the bad bits & building back up again,,,,grrrrr >:(

Martin_1962

« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2009, 22:50:19 »

THe Aldi one puts a big lot out on first go then settles down

Anyway tomorrow is the best day so need to get the metallic done correctly before the laquer

Welung666

« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2009, 22:51:45 »

THe Aldi one puts a big lot out on first go then settles down

Anyway tomorrow is the best day so need to get the metallic done correctly before the laquer

Figure of eight ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2009, 23:15:37 »

best left imho, but do have a compressor and gun. setting air flow on the pump, flow from gun nozel, how much to thin the paint, how much to spray on, just got it somewhere near....ah, run out of paint. >:(   ;D ;D ;D

3.2 manual

• nr yeovil, somerset
  • the great thread ender! whoops
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2009, 05:03:32 »

did an entire car with metallic 2 pack, about 2 months ago, with compressor and gun. came out well but pain in the ass. used a mask did in ventilated area, but still made me feel ill for about a week. with metallic distance, angle and overlap all make a difference its not an easy one to spray.
oh bugger, i thought that was a bit of wind!!!

Martin_1962

« Reply #6 on: 31 August 2009, 09:36:28 »

best left imho, but do have a compressor and gun. setting air flow on the pump, flow from gun nozel, how much to thin the paint, how much to spray on, just got it somewhere near....ah, run out of paint. >:(   ;D ;D ;D

No adjustment I can find on gun (I think)

COmpressor is fixed pressure, dryer is adjustable.

Will have another play today

feeutfo

« Reply #7 on: 31 August 2009, 12:05:52 »

No adjustment I can find on gun (I think)

COmpressor is fixed pressure, dryer is adjustable.

Will have another play today

i found i had to regulate the air flow, if left flat out it disturbed the paint on the piece (bike plastics) or to get round the issue you had to stand too far away to get even spread,too much wasted, and couldnt see the paint drops settle.

But in the end learned to stop spraying just before the droplets join up as the paint is still wet and will continue to flow on the part after you stop spraying, its a matter of a second or 2 between not quite enough and a stippled finish, or too much paint and it runs..... or i had the paint too thin, would like to crack it though

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 August 2009, 23:29:49 »

did an entire car with metallic 2 pack, about 2 months ago, with compressor and gun. came out well but pain in the ass. used a mask did in ventilated area, but still made me feel ill for about a week. with metallic distance, angle and overlap all make a difference its not an easy one to spray.

Glad your still around. The hardener contains isocyanate, which is extremely toxic if breathed. I intend to spray mine when I get the chance, but will be using an air fed mask

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.