Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Senior police officers obviously like a joke.....  (Read 757 times)

Bionic

• Omega Knight
  • Leicester
  • Why drive anything else?
    • 1999 F/L 3.0 Elite saloon
    • View Profile
Senior police officers obviously like a joke.....
« on: 14 August 2011, 07:23:26 »

Befiore anyone reads any further I am fully in support of the police officers I know who hold the same point of view that I do. I suspect that there are many more too.
Just watched this mornings news on tv and had a good old belly laugh at the comments by the 2 senior police officers who would prefer a 'more nuanced' British approach from them in any future civil unrest.....Nuanced? As far as I know nuanced is 'a slight modification' which in reality would be a more laid back and toned down approach in a posh language! They were also totally against the appointment of the US ex police commissioner who had instilled order from chaos using a zero tolerance policy despite the proven fact that it had actually worked! The riots were allowed to go out of control purely and simply due to the namby pamby attitude of those who should instill order during any unrest. All that does for me is prove just how ineffectual and apathetic the present police senior officers are. They now say that that they are receiving conflicting advice from the PM but from what I have heard and seen the only criticism is when the police have been seen to overeact in public order situations where they are seen to attack innocent bystanders. They have always been requested to return to the old methods of policing instead of being desk bound by paperwork and rules which restrict their actions because of the human rights (sh*tes) act. That surely deserves criticism! They then waffle on about that they should be exempt from any cuts because in their words 'they are special'... :D ;D B*llocks...they are no more special than any other public service and never have been. Zero tolerance is now the only way to go....no other way works as has been proven time and time again so this would be the ideal time and situation to adopt that policy..... :y
Too old to suffer, too young to die!
Autobahnstormers Trade Cards now accepted at Drive Leicester and at Marshall's Vauxhall.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Senior police officers obviously like a joke.....
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2011, 10:30:23 »

" The Americans didn't cure the social problems in New York.  What they did is they locked people up.  That's how zero tolerance works.  We havn't got the heart for that over here. "  John O'Connor, former Scotland Yard Commander, speaking to the BBC yesterday.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2011, 13:27:08 »

The police can't win. They get criticised by everyone no matter what they do, including people like you who get most of their info off the 'news' while preaching from their arm chair.

Perhaps the current senior police officers are the best people for the job. Wise cracks and gimmicks aside, who else would be better?
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

Nickbat

« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2011, 14:14:49 »

The police can't win. They get criticised by everyone no matter what they do, including people like you who get most of their info off the 'news' while preaching from their arm chair.

Perhaps the current senior police officers are the best people for the job. Wise cracks and gimmicks aside, who else would be better?

Or, perhaps not. If they give up their PC approach to policing and allow the frontiline officers to do their job it would be a start.

Oh and I don't know about others, but I get my info from the Old Bill.  ;)

http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/  :y

albitz

« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2011, 17:40:27 »

Former Scotland Yard Deputy Assistant Commisioner David Gilbertson has some very interesting things to say on the subject.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2025772/UK-RIOTS-All-week-I-ve-talked-old-colleagues-Met-got-wrong-What-said-shocked-core.html

I wish the media wouldnt keep giving so much airtime to that certifiable idiot Hugh Orde. He was useless when he was head of policing in Northern Ireland, and he is even more useless now.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2011, 20:05:23 »

Perhaps the current senior police officers have presided over the current state of the British police.  When I was sat in my armchair looking at footage of police standing by watching folk looting shops, I was utterly shocked  :o

Perhaps the Police do need a shake up, and if that involves bringing in foriegn experts in to advise, then so be it. If that upsets some senior police officers egos, then so be it......

To be honest the view from my armchair of the senior police officers isn't that great... :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

albitz

« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2011, 20:17:01 »

Agreed.Not a lot wrong with the boys (and girls) in uniform on the front line, but the top brass are an utter disgrace imo.ACPO needs disbanding, and the upper tier of police management starting again from a clean sheet.
They have turned the Police force into a branch of social services.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 August 2011, 02:10:43 »

I have a great respect for the police on the front line.

IMHO the senior officers in the last 10 years have changed from policemen into policically correct, brown nosed, a*@e licking, incompetent political apparatchiks, with Chief Constable Richard Brunstrom, with his anti-motorist views a typical example.  ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.