Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Tia: Body found  (Read 8119 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Tia: Body found
« Reply #15 on: 10 August 2012, 19:20:33 »

It's pretty clear to me that Tia was dead by the morning when Hazell told the grandmother that she had left to go shopping.

Agreed. Apparently they'd scoured CCTV from around & about but found nothing of her despite being in London where you appear on someone's CCTV all the time.

Poor little kid.  :(

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #16 on: 10 August 2012, 19:25:04 »

I'm with Nickbat  (is that a first? ;) )   

and honestly,  there's no end of places around our house i could hide a body.....   from even a somewhat more thorough search than just a quick check....   

sniffer dogs ,  on the other hand....   are quite hard to fool.  (not impossible,  but tricky.... and you'd need a damn good explanation handy, as the simplest  methods are all detectable.... )

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #17 on: 10 August 2012, 19:40:20 »

How on earth could the Police ?  ?  ?

A body has been found in her Grandmothers house a week after she vanished. They have searched it twice and now the 37 year old boyfriend of the Gran is missing!

I'm gobsmacked, really gobsmacked - as an initial impression. How in this day and age can you miss a body. I'd really like to be shown a good reason for this as the Police are always telling us that it's usually someone to blame who is close to the victim ..........
RIP

It's happened at least once before in Billingham, Cleveland in 1989, when Julie Hogg was murdered and her body hidden behind the bath panel of her home. The house was searched several times before the smell of her decomposing corpse finally led the police to Julie's remains. Incidentally, it was mainly due to Julie's mother Ann Ming campaigning for Reform of the Double Jeopardy Law after Julie's killer was Aquitted on Appeal and subsequently confessed to the killing some time later.

Ok, BUT, it isn't a large house so places to hide a body ............ Attic/loft, chest freezer (if they have one), cold water tank, behind bath panel. That's apart from cupboards etc .....

Aren't the Police actually specially trained to search for things like bodies? I hope there are some serious questions being asked @ New Scotland Yard at the moment ...........

Even if they had found the body earlier, it would have made no difference. It's pretty clear to me that Tia was dead by the morning when Hazell told the grandmother that she had left to go shopping.

Having a dig at the Police without knowing the circumstances surrounding the concealment of her body is diverting anger away from the actual murderer. On the face of it, the Police could not have saved Tia.  >:(

That isn't my intention - probably my frustration showing through. I know their action would not have prevented the situation but really do find it difficult to comprehend how a lowlife such as this can have concealed something from multiple professional officers. I actually want the Police to be proven correct but am struggling to see how at the moment ............

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 August 2012, 19:45:06 »

RIP poor girl, had a lot of live still to live and now sadly she won't.  :'(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2012, 20:23:58 »

:( We had something similar here a few years ago, an old woman suffering from alzhiemers went missing from a care home,she wandered out at night in the middle of winter wearing only her nightie, the police were searching her old haunts as far as the midlands,where did they find her? dead in some bushes 20 yards from the back door of the care home ! incredible. :o

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 August 2012, 20:45:07 »

how do you know the body was in the house when they done the inital search??... very sad  :'(
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

nemo

• Tonbridge Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 August 2012, 21:16:54 »

I agree with Alarming Man and initially they would not have been searching for a body but a missing 12yr old. Still very sad though

Murph

• Dartford, Kent
    • 2.5 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 August 2012, 21:35:23 »

how do you know the body was in the house when they done the inital search??... very sad  :'(
With the police presence and everyone on the alert someone would have noticed a body being moved, which points to it having been there all along.

My missus said she thought he had something to do with her disappearance as soon as she saw him (she's usually right about this kinda thing) and once she'd said it I began to think he looked really on edge in interviews.  He would always go to too much effort to make his point if you know what I mean.

Of course we always just say to ourselves 'nah he wouldnt do anything to someone in his own family'.

How wrong can you be?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 August 2012, 22:19:21 »

Now arrested him on suspicion of murder. Hope the bastard gets what he deserves in prison!

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 August 2012, 22:34:15 »

A very sad event indeed and my sympathy goes to the loved ones of young Tia.

The investigation into this matter is in the very early stages so to attempt to draw any conclusions at this point is inadvisable, and for the most part, speculative.

Police action in such cases will always be criticised but it should be remembered that few people outside the prime investigatory team have all the facts available to them – even other police officers – so the opportunity for others to get a global perspective of the state of the investigation is quite limited indeed.

On the general point of not finding bodies when there appears to be few reasons why they shouldn’t be found, the only thing I can say - having had my fair share of finds after interminable searches - is that in the absence of the unforgettable odour of decomposing flesh, it's remarkable just how many places can be used to secret a body - even within the confines of a modest domestic property.

The moment for an intensive search will always be fluid and will generally become obvious when certain facts come together; a premature search can sometimes detract from a particular investigatory line. 

In my experience the police were following just such a line in this particular investigation and, having allowed certain conditions to develop, the (sadly) logical conclusion to the initial stages led to the confirmation that this unfortunate child was indeed deceased.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 August 2012, 23:22:41 »

Now arrested him on suspicion of murder. Hope the bastard gets what he deserves in prison!

Agree with that  >:(
A lifetime of alternate kickings and being rodgered by big winston to within a inch of his life  ;)

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 August 2012, 10:40:36 »

Agree with that  >:(
A lifetime of alternate kickings and being rodgered by big winston to within a inch of his life  ;)
that's not good enough for him, he'd probably enjoy it >:(

Martian

« Reply #27 on: 11 August 2012, 11:02:10 »

He won't get what he fully deserves as he will be placed on the rules as soon as he gets to jail, but the screws are human and as such they do make mistakes from time to time  ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 August 2012, 11:07:03 »

He won't get what he fully deserves as he will be placed on the rules as soon as he gets to jail, but the screws are human and as such they do make mistakes from time to time  ;)

I suspect they would not be to keen to stop him getting a kicking either, wait until he had a decent amount.

Of course he has not been found guilty yet, but considering the body was found in the home, leaves very few suspects.

Nickbat

« Reply #29 on: 11 August 2012, 12:05:28 »

I suspect they would not be to keen to stop him getting a kicking either, wait until he had a decent amount.

Of course he has not been found guilty yet, but considering the body was found in the home, leaves very few suspects.

Others arrested, including a woman.  :o :o

Could be more to this than meets the eye.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.