Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dash dead  (Read 1823 times)

weldit

• Cumbria
    • View Profile
Dash dead
« on: 16 March 2018, 10:54:29 »

Hi Had my car at a paint shop, rear bumper resprayed, went for the car, dash and heater dead, lights-indicators etc working fine, the guy at the body shop had been using something to stop the boot light coming on, he told me it had been a problem keeping the light off all the time, I take it whatever he was using was allowing the light to come on, he was replacing the (piece of wood) or whatever he used, when the light came on, so has this caused a fault?

Cheers Dave

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Dash dead
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2018, 11:01:48 »

I'm confused, your entire dash instrument cluster does not work?  :-\

The boot light has a timer, leave it open for 10 hours if you want, I'm sure after a few mins it will auto-shut off, so what exactly was he doing?

Either way you drove in with a working dash, they have broken it, it's up to them to fix it. Don't accept the car back/pay until it's presented back how you left it.

Also it takes about 5 mins to take the bumper off, it's really dead easy and could have worked on the bumper away from the car, your description indicates he sprayed it while attached to the car?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2018, 14:08:00 »

Give the binnicle a good push back in, also check all the fuses,, even the ones in the auxillary box in engine bay.
Hoof'land storeman.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2018, 15:33:30 »

Yep, fuses would be my first thought. I sincerely hope their mitigation for the boot light being on wasn't to disconnect the battery, and they didn't re-connect it the wrong way round somehow. Seems odd for two unrelated electronic devices to fail. :-\

Fuses 12, 14 and 15 look the likely suspects so check them first. (Assuming a late model facelift. Not sure on your car spec.)

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2018, 15:37:39 »

Unless rear bumper removal involved first pulling the tow bar... Possibly shorting summat that they shouldn't have  :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

weldit

• Cumbria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 March 2018, 22:12:36 »

Hi Guys
     The car belongs to my dad, he doesn't have a computer, this is why I asked for him, found the fault this morning for him, 1 20amp fuse had blown, no idea what the body shop did to blow the fuse, sorted now, thanks for the advice

Cheers Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.