Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New car for wifey  (Read 7407 times)

STEMO

Re: New car for wifey
« Reply #60 on: 07 March 2018, 15:22:10 »

New insignias are quite attractive, but I fail to see why they have tried to keep, if slightly restyle, that horrible rear end.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 07 March 2018, 15:31:16 »

New insignias are quite attractive, but I fail to see why they have tried to keep, if slightly restyle, that horrible rear end.

I once knew a girl who had a similar rear end to an Insignia.

"Arse like a bag of spanners" we would quip. :)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #62 on: 07 March 2018, 15:34:14 »

Had a quick look at one (estate) at my local dealer brand new , something not quite right with the styling , a 2.8 could be a good buy in a couple of years as Opti says.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 07 March 2018, 15:38:58 »

Had a quick look at one (estate) at my local dealer brand new , something not quite right with the styling , a 2.8 could be a good buy in a couple of years as Opti says.

Yes, Mr Tilbo. So long as I don't see its (or my reflection in a shop window) I think I could live with the troubled looks of the Insignia.

Makes you wonder how it was signed off for production though. They would need to be blind. :)

STEMO

« Reply #64 on: 07 March 2018, 15:47:08 »

There's something not quite right about the new astra estate too. That chrome strip looks as though it doesn't know what to do with itself once it reaches the back. And, in the flesh, the styling manages to make the rear wheel look smaller than the front.

https://goo.gl/images/RDVaAq

2boxerdogs

« Reply #65 on: 07 March 2018, 16:09:14 »

We have been having a clear out at home pending a move (if it ever happens) came across some old tin toy cars from my childhood & the styling is quite similar, tiny wheels & a large body overhang front & rear and these date from the 1960s.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 07 March 2018, 16:35:43 »

I think it was probably something to do with trying to make as much of the back end of the car as possible out of a single piece of plastic.

The estate is marginally nicer, however, and probably the one I'd go for anyway.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 07 March 2018, 16:37:23 »

The original Insignia saloon with exterior pack looks tidied than the hatch... Think the Sierra Sapphire vs the jelly blob ;)

The estate is what it is, but again, with decent wheels and exterior pack it looks better...
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #68 on: 07 March 2018, 16:41:05 »

We have been having a clear out at home pending a move (if it ever happens) came across some old tin toy cars from my childhood & the styling is quite similar, tiny wheels & a large body overhang front & rear and these date from the 1960s.
Those wheels are 17", but the styling is out of proportion. I prefer the astra J, but then I would, wouldn't I?  :)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #69 on: 07 March 2018, 17:35:23 »

Those wheels are 17", but the styling is out of proportion. I prefer the astra J, but then I would, wouldn't I?  :)

I saw an Astra VXR in town yesterday think it was a 65 plate in metallic blue looked stunning.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 07 March 2018, 17:57:56 »

Zaf on other hand, foot off and it’s a second or so before it engages and pulls.
Which is precisely why we only get 1 car through at a time with traffic lights, and every roundabout now has traffic lights.

Whoever came up with that idea, along with the stupid stop/start 'dangle berries', need their testicles cooked up and force fed.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #71 on: 07 March 2018, 18:01:08 »

Zaf on other hand, foot off and it’s a second or so before it engages and pulls.
Which is precisely why we only get 1 car through at a time with traffic lights, and every roundabout now has traffic lights.

Whoever came up with that idea, along with the stupid stop/start 'dangle berries', need their testicles cooked up and force fed.
I think they should be punished, not given a sexually arousing experience.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 07 March 2018, 18:10:12 »

STEMO, thanks, you make me look perfectly normal ;D
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 07 March 2018, 20:54:22 »

I think you'll find that's the hill start assist, press the footbrake long and hard enough and it engages. In normal driving my astra auto is pulling at the leash, the same as every other auto I've driven.

No it wasn't. It was as though the gearbox switched off when you sat with your foot on the brake ..... I have some kind of hill start assist on my Merc & Smarts and know the difference and have also drIvey a Merc with 'hold' which is what you described.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.