Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 'The' Omega... Progress Diary  (Read 12856 times)

omega3000

Re: 'The' Omega... Progress Diary
« Reply #75 on: 11 December 2014, 15:58:57 »

I know where to come for some rare spares now  :D Ive not even got round to the heat shields yet  :-[ Whats really needed is a garage built , then your not dependant on the weather  :(

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 11 December 2014, 16:53:02 »

Ahh got one... sadly full of 30 years of clutter and stuff.  ::)

Also due to a recent bereavement, we've got an entire flat's worth of stuff, too, in the form of doilys, family photos, clothes, you name it.

Looking for a new property, and a garage is on the list of requirements!  :y

Feel free to pop me a PM if there's anything I might be able to help with.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 12 December 2014, 23:43:08 »

HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY LOVELY!!!!

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

omega3000

« Reply #78 on: 13 December 2014, 19:23:59 »

Cheers mate , will bear you in mind . Always on the look out for spares  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 19 December 2014, 16:33:15 »

Well, the Bilstein B4s arrived today!!!  :y :y

Just a few days late for her 18th Birthday, but that's fine, as they came all the way from 'das Vaterland' and the good chap at Balance Motorsport did tell me there'd be a few weeks wait as the last set in the UK went to another OOFer a matter of hours before I purchased (I don't mind, though, as these aren't going to have any chance of being fitted before 2015, anyway)

Overall delighted with the service, price, and only time shall tell how she handles.... MV6 springs and Bilsteins all round, I can't wait!!!  :y :y :y :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 22 December 2014, 13:47:08 »

GOOD NEWS!

Moneysaving tip # 8

Vectra HT leads fit Omega V6s fine!! And are to be found cheaper

Vx HTs
= £200

BERU (the same, minus the Vx markup)
= £85 best price

Bosch Omega V6
= £60 best price

Bosch Vectra V6
= £37.90

:y :y :y :y

There's no question of them fitting, they're on the old girl as we speak. They are slightly different lengths - only apparent when lined up like-for-like - but when installed all I found was one (cylinder no 5 iirc) was a bit long. A bit. Maybe. That's it  :y

Perfectly happy with Bosch; word is quality has suffered in recent years, so only time will tell. But just basically a note to all OOFers if you are thinking of changing your HT leads, then check the prices of Vectra ones first. Final word is 37% saving over Omega leads, and 55% saving over original Beru price.
« Last Edit: 22 December 2014, 13:49:39 by Diamond Black Geezer »

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 22 December 2014, 14:27:31 »

omega3000

« Reply #82 on: 22 December 2014, 18:46:06 »

Vectra HT leads fit Omega V6s fine!

Good news  :y Mine are looking a bit tired so shall replace them in the new year .

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 23 December 2014, 10:26:27 »

More than welcome Mr Emd. With some more digging, I suspect I could find some BERU leads for a Vectra, at (presumably) a cheaper price than Omega...  Will let you know should I find any  :) Actually, that's a thought, I never actually rang my Sdealer to inquire about genuine GM-BERU Veccy HT leads prices vs Omega.

As I've said before on this forum, I'm very keen to analyse as scientifically feasible/practical the cost-effectiveness of various quality parts. eg:
-Idlers are pretty much a given, Brand New pattern having as much play as old worn GM ones.
-Wishbones - ATP seem to be getting good reviews, at a very reasonable price - and the re-bushing old GM wishbones also an option.
etc...

But I'd be interested how well these Bosch last (given recent quality downturn raised by The Boy) when we consider the BERU-GM ones last 100k+ - with these at about a third of the price, how shall they fare? (my 170k-er V6 has gone through two sets of BERUs in her life, plus the used freebie noname pattern ones which lasted a full 15 mins on the car, before I tore them off!)   :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 30 December 2014, 12:53:38 »

Well, the Bilstein B4s arrived today!!!  :y :y

Just a few days late for her 18th Birthday, but that's fine, as they came all the way from 'das Vaterland' and the good chap at Balance Motorsport did tell me there'd be a few weeks wait as the last set in the UK went to another OOFer a matter of hours before I purchased (I don't mind, though, as these aren't going to have any chance of being fitted before 2015, anyway)

Overall delighted with the service, price, and only time shall tell how she handles.... MV6 springs and Bilsteins all round, I can't wait!!!  :y :y :y :y

Wonder who that was  :-X

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 02 January 2015, 09:49:04 »

Hahah.

A decent chap, by all accounts  :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 02 January 2015, 13:56:21 »

Ha ha, my girlfriend wouldn`t agree with you at the moment  :-X

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 26 January 2015, 08:30:36 »

Well, update, yesterday was the first chance I've had this year to get her running. Running a little lumpy, and that's after the brand new HT leads... but she quietened down a fair amount after she got up to temp. Managed to roll her forward onto the front part of the drive where I can access both sides, in order to look at the brakes. Turns out the brakes aren't working so well (not massively surprising) Sum total of Sunday was...

-Undid two caliper bolts (one ok the other very, very tough)
-Fought for the rest of the day on the allen screw which looks to have been dunked in brine or loctite before being tightened with a breaker bar  >:( So that's stuffed, and will need drilling out. I wasn't an idiot with it, I had it soaking in several squirts of WD for abotu 45 mins while I did other bits. Ah well.

Was losing the light, so had to get her reversed up quick, ended up accidentally clouting the passenger front door with the jack, so there's a nice scratch there now.

Sadly not a day of success  :-[

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 26 January 2015, 12:24:43 »

Oh dear  :( Best start a fresh and have another go , those allen screws can be a bastid  >:(
Omegatitis

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 26 January 2015, 12:55:15 »

Thanks. Yes indeed -they haven't move since about 2008  ::) Just irritated that afer hours of 'work' the only thing done was basically undoing two bolts... and I had grand plans of swapping the brake discs and pads completely, ensuring good, easy travel of the calipers and getting a decent spare set on the Turbo Weasel... in the end I just end up buggering up one allen stud.

I even had a as-new spare ready, I was going to just bin the old one to come out (as they're known for sticking...um.. like this one did!) ah well.

Sometimes you just need something to keep you going, it's not always a nice smooth road of restoration  :(

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.