Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Airbag Light  (Read 7018 times)

05omegav6

Re: Airbag Light
« Reply #15 on: 21 December 2014, 13:26:21 »

If you can give details of the seats, then might be able to help resolve the problem before you reset it... Perfectly possible to unplug the seats, ignition off and key out, without disconnecting the battery or putting the light on... which suggests a problem :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 December 2014, 18:31:24 »

No generic OBDII reader will clear airbags on *any* Omega.  Egay sellers universally talk shite.

Unless it's a 'cheapo Tech II'  ::)
S'not a generic reader Mr B, is Vauxhall specific...  ...and if you can find an old enough laptop, not a bad bit of kit for the money :y.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 December 2014, 18:34:54 »

If you can give details of the seats, then might be able to help resolve the problem before you reset it... Perfectly possible to unplug the seats, ignition off and key out, without disconnecting the battery or putting the light on... which suggests a problem :-\
It may be as simple as somebody had the ignition on with the seat out/unplugged. Some variants of the SAB6 ECU will keep the light on.

Assuming nobody has messed around swapping seats, the usual suspects are contacter unit in steering, drivers main airbag, or side airbags (MFL/FL).

If someone has swapped seats, hopefully its a case they turned ignition on with them unplugged. Worse case is wrong seats.
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 21 December 2014, 18:45:02 »

It may be as simple as somebody had the ignition on with the seat out/unplugged.

Easily done, too.. I set mine off by unplugging the door loom (trying to get the speaker working) and then forgetting it was out and switching the ignition on..  ::) Which is why I own one of those code readers we can't talk about, as well as the MaxiScan ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 December 2014, 18:50:50 »

It may be as simple as somebody had the ignition on with the seat out/unplugged.

Easily done, too.. I set mine off by unplugging the door loom (trying to get the speaker working) and then forgetting it was out and switching the ignition on..  ::) Which is why I own one of those code readers we can't talk about, as well as the MaxiScan ;D
If the price for (a genuine) one wasn't so unbelievably outrageous, I'd recommend them in a flash (but still recommend its not used for programming).

Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 21 December 2014, 18:57:13 »

Knew I had read it somewhere :y
Ok no problem can vauxhall not reset it with a tech 2. Ive only just bought the car and the only reason the light is on is because they changed the seats but forgot to wait 15 minutes before doing the job.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 December 2014, 19:31:19 »

The cheapo pc software that isnt allowed to be mentioned will reset the light... The ignition more than likely was switched on with the seats out or the wrong seats have been installed without airbags...

The only other way round it is to install an airbag ECU that id from a car that doesnt have the side airbags... but then it may not be compatible with the wiring loom in your Omega... IIRC there are 4 types of airbag ECU...

Depending on the MoT station and how well you know them or how lenient they are.... the airbag HAS to light then extinguish itself and not come back on within 10 seconds... if it doesn't light at all, then it is an instant failure - or should be...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 December 2014, 19:38:33 »

The cheapo pc software that isnt allowed to be mentioned will reset the light... The ignition more than likely was switched on with the seats out or the wrong seats have been installed without airbags...

The only other way round it is to install an airbag ECU that id from a car that doesnt have the side airbags... but then it may not be compatible with the wiring loom in your Omega... IIRC there are 4 types of airbag ECU...

Depending on the MoT station and how well you know them or how lenient they are.... the airbag HAS to light then extinguish itself and not come back on within 10 seconds... if it doesn't light at all, then it is an instant failure - or should be...

Not since March 2013.  ;)
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 December 2014, 19:45:06 »

Ok no problem can vauxhall not reset it with a tech 2. Ive only just bought the car and the only reason the light is on is because they changed the seats but forgot to wait 15 minutes before doing the job.

But also said that Vauxhall were unable to reset the light  ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #24 on: 21 December 2014, 19:49:45 »

Which suggests an actual issue, hence the question regarding old and new seats... Rocket science 101 it isn't  :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 December 2014, 20:17:04 »

Where does it say that?   :-\
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 December 2014, 20:18:24 »

The only other way round it is to install an airbag ECU that id from a car that doesnt have the side airbags...
How will that help?
Grumpy old man

powerslinky

« Reply #27 on: 21 December 2014, 20:22:20 »

Where does it say that?   :-\

Think someone has read the earlier post wrong  . . . OP is asking  "Can Vauxhall  not reset the airbag light?"   

NOT . . . Vauxhall were unable to reset the airbag light . . .  . Thats how I thought I read it anyway :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: 21 December 2014, 20:32:40 by Essex Big Al »

05omegav6

« Reply #28 on: 21 December 2014, 20:22:29 »

Sentence before the one I highlighted ;)

Looking at Maries previous posts, the seats came from her other/preceeding Omega, but not sure of the spec of that car. This one is an early facelift GLS, and I vaguely remembered summat being said wrt issues wiring them in at the time... :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #29 on: 21 December 2014, 20:25:10 »

The only other way round it is to install an airbag ECU that id from a car that doesnt have the side airbags...
How will that help?
Clearly it won't ::)

It is possible to swap the pretensioners to suit, but only if the seats have side airbags, ie mid to post facelift and vice versa...

Wrote an essay in Omega Help last week about it :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.