Chat Area > General Car Chat

Price of cars and newness

(1/8) > >>

Varche:
We drove past a garage in Leicester and there was a car for sale at £38,500.

Spent the rest of the day looking out for older cars on the road. Saw a few 02s, an 03 and two 04s. Plus three old cars Y plate and an L and an R ( not personal plates). So concluded that most cars on the road arent old and people have money to buy them - no shortage of cars on peoples drives or house fronts. They might be being bought on loans that they cant afford or maybe lease schemes.

Am I right to conclude that people have lots of money and that a car is old at 14 years of age? If we turned the clock back say twenty years would the results have been the same then?

Doctor Gollum:
Statistically, most wealthy people, aka Everyday Millionaires as Chris Hogan calls them, never buy a brand new car.

Most new cars are brought on finance, whether it's a lease or HP or property equity release.

Also buying/running an older car doesn't mean that it has to be a complete shitter ;)

2boxerdogs:
We have three cars two 2005 & one is a 2000 model year all in excellent condition & not worth a lot , would never get into debt for a car, lots of wealthy farmers round here majority have older vehicles, lot of "snob" value in having the latest reg amongst people.

STEMO:
We try to look for 1 or 2 year old cars, or even pre-reg. The savings, off list price, are huge. I was looking at an astra K on the trader. 2.0 diesel, auto, elite, 66reg, around 12,000 miles, £12000. Less than half of the original price.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
I don't imagine anyone pays full list price for a car unless they are a complete imbecile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version