Chat Area > General Car Chat

MOT pass for the Tata.

(1/5) > >>

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
.......and no advisories for the Indian.....which I would expect with only 14000 miles under her wheels. :y

The car now requires (except it doesn't) her next service from Jaguar. This is the major 4 year/64000 mile service. Initial response from the dealers start with a figure well north of £500, but using Jaguar 3+ service menu the same service can be had for £285.

For this I will get the usual oil/filter change plus new air filters (2) new pollen filter and new fuel filter. Probably not a lot different to what it would cost for a a Astramondeofocusgolf. :)

STEMO:
Wife's astra went into Vx for a service yesterday, £249.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: STEMO on 21 February 2019, 17:28:02 ---Wife's astra went into Vx for a service yesterday, £249.

--- End quote ---

Other than oil and filter what did they replace?

STEMO:

--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 21 February 2019, 17:33:12 ---
--- Quote from: STEMO on 21 February 2019, 17:28:02 ---Wife's astra went into Vx for a service yesterday, £249.

--- End quote ---

Other than oil and filter what did they replace?

--- End quote ---
Cabin filter and fuel filter. The reason I used the main dealer is that the EML and traction control lights were coming on periodically, putting the car into limp mode for a while. A local independent read the codes for me and said it needed a new throttle control switch at the pedal, which Vauxhall should do under warranty. They agreed, and the part should be in tomorrow.

STEMO:
They also washed and vacuumed it.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version